Wheel Inside the Wheel

I sat in the nursery looking over the French Quarter when I suddenly heard the screams of our witch guest. I joined Hayley in the hallway as we went towards the room Nik and I shared to see my husband wiping the blood off his hands while his shirt and face were covered.

"Oh. So, I see your interrogation went well?" Hayley asked him. He looked up into the mirror as he washed up looking at us.

"Eh, it turns out these witches are delicate creatures. No matter! I suspected my mother had Elijah captive." He said going towards his closet.

"Great. Let's go find them!" Hayley said.

"You know I'm always ready to kick a little witch ass." I said before Nik turned to us, shaking his head.

"Esther is too powerful. She won't be easily found. I need to draw her out." He told us before going past the sliding doors and going to close them when I stopped him.

"Then where are you going?" I asked him.

"I'm going to change my shirt, and then I'm going to find my brother." He told me about to shut the doors once more.

"Klaus, let me come with you!" Hayley ordered annoyed. He sighed deeply and walked towards us.

"I know you want to help, both of you, but you can't. My mother is wretched. She will target the two of you in order to thwart me, and I can't very well save Elijah if I'm busy saving you, can I?" he asked us.

"No you can't. Go save Elijah." I said kissing his cheek. Behind me Hayley rolled her eyes, but remained silent. Nik finally shut the doors and prepared his plans leaving Hayley and I alone to make our own.

I enlisted Marcel and his new vampire's help and even waited at his loft as they both looked around and asked their contacts.

"I did like you said—" Gia said walking into the loft as Marcel poured the two of us a drink. "I kept a low profile, went all over the city. There's no sign of Elijah anywhere."

"Yeah, the humans I know said the same thing. Maybe Klaus is having better luck?" he asked looking at me.

"No. All we know is that Esther has him, which isn't new information." I said sipping my drink when Hayley walked inside.

"Listen, you three up for a rescue mission?" Hayley asked.

"Are we going after Elijah?" Gia asked excitedly.

"Nope. That's all Klaus. I'm talking about Oliver. Now, he and Elijah were fighting the werewolves together. I've heard that Oliver's been captured and is about to be executed. Now, look- if we can save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Elijah is." Hayley said.

"It's not that far a stretch." I said.

"'Kay, so what do you want from us?" Marcel asked.

"Just a little distraction." Hayley told him.

"Finn controls the werewolves. If you can keep him out of the way, Hayley and I can go get Ollie out." I told him. Hayley nodded at my idea and we went to leave, but Marcel sped around us and blocked our way.

"You can't take on all those wolves yourselves. You'll get killed, and then I'll get killed for letting it happen." Marcel told us smiling.

"Then we won't go in alone." Hayley told him. "The werewolves may be answering to the witches, but they still have an Alpha. I just have to find him."

"Needle meet haystack." I muttered before following her out.

We'd been wandering through the Bayou for what felt like hours in this heat. The area was remote so it was the best bet to finding her betrothed. We finally came across a beat-up trailer in the middle of the wooded area. Suddenly, we heard a creaking sound and quickly turned, catching two arrows in midair that had been shot by an unidentified man.