The Departed

I woke up in bed and looked around for him. I got up, covering myself with a spare robe, and looking at myself in the mirror before smiling. I smiled even more at the man walking out of the bathroom into the room I was standing in.

"Hello darling," he said smiling and walking to me.

"Hello, handsome," I said kissing him when he got to me.

"Are you ready for today?" he asked me.

"What's happening today?" I asked him.

"You'll just have to wait and see. Won't you?" he asked me, smirking.

"You love to surprise me, don't you Nik?"

I stood outside Elena's hospital room with Jeremy, observing her, holding Nikolas and listening to Meredith talk about her condition. I may hate her right now but she's still my sister.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about." Meredith told us.

"But she collapsed, there was blood." Jer told her.

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just... she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?" she asked us. Jer nodded and pulled out his phone and called the Salvatore boys, putting the phone on speaker so I could hear.

"You did what?" Damon asked us.

"I took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911." Jer told them.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" Damon disagreed.

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there." Stefan told us.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation and I'm inclined to agree." I told them.

"Jeremy, get Elena home, we're on our way." Damon said before hanging up the phone. We walked into her room and quickly left. We called everyone and told them what happened and they offered to help us. Tyler and Matt opened the door for us as Care and I walked into the house.

"Couch." Caroline ordered.

"I'm fine. I just... I want something to eat first." Elena told us.

"We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets." Tyler told her as he and Matt left to go upstairs and Care and I lead Elena to the couch.

"Alright, couch, now!" Care ordered again.

"Uhh, I told you I'm fine." Elena told us as Care grabbed a blanket off a chair and followed Elena.

"Meredith said you needed rest, so you rest." I told her. Elena sat down on the couch and Care covered her with the blanket.

"May I?" Elena asked reaching fro Nikolas. I handed him to her and she held him happily.

"Now, what can we get you? Do you want some tea, maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep." Care said and Elena gave her a look. "I know, I'm being smothering. It's what I do."

"No, it's—it's nice." Elena told her.

"I'm thinking—maybe tea with vodka." We all started laughing as Care got up. Elena remained on the couch as I sat on the chair close to her before falling asleep.

I walked into a nice shop with Nik holding my hand. I looked at the styles of dresses and suits then to Nik with a smile.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him, grabbing hold of the hand I was holding with both of mine.