After School Special

A few days after Carol Lockwood's death I was sitting in the gym of the high school listening to Liz talk about our former mayor. I couldn't help but be so annoyed at this being required for the entire town. The day after the charity event April had called me hyperventilating saying something about Nik, murder, and Rebekah. I immediately went to her in the Lockwood cellar and smiled at the sight of my best friend and soon to be sister.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident." Liz said. I smirked and looked at Tyler and Caroline as he stood and left the gym. "Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory." Everyone around me put their heads down and I shook my head at this before standing up and leaving the gym passing the very much alive and angry Rebekah as she made her presence known to Elena. In the hallway I met up with April and offered her a gentle smile.

"How are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. Once we start listening to the truth from everyone." She told me and I nodded.

"You're right. There are way too many secrets in this town and it's time you learned them all." I told her before Elena made her way to us.

"April, Nicole, what's wrong?" she asked us.

"Nothing. We're fine." April told her.

"But you're crying?" Elena said pointing out the obvious.

"It's just the whole mayor thing, you know. It's bringing stuff up about my dad." She told Elena and the vampire nodded understanding. "And I know you're a vampire." Elena looked at the girl shocked before turning to me and seeing my smile.

"What? Why did you tell her?" Elena asked me.

"She deserves the truth." I said, but I wasn't talking about April. Rebekah appeared behind Elena and snapped her neck.

"Was that necessary?" April asked her freaked out.

"No, but it was fun." Rebekah told her smiling.

"Oh, how I've missed you Bekah." I said smiling at the blonde. "Come on, let's get ready for the rest of the Scooby gang." Rebekah dragged Elena to the library and there we waited for her to wake up and for the assembly to be finished.

Later I was leaning on a bookshelf staring at Elena until she woke up, looked around and got up, and I signaled April to come over.

"The assembly is over." April told her.

"What the hell is going on?" Elena asked us.

"The school will be empty soon... How many times did you compel me?" April finally asked her. "Don't... don't lie. Rebekah and Nicole say you lie."

"Rebekah isn't who you think she is, April, and Nicole's been brainwashed by Rebekah's brother." Elena said giving me a look.

"You mean Rebekah's not a thousand-year-old Original vampire and Nicole isn't engaged to her older brother who's a Hybrid mix between a vampire and a werewolf?" April asked her.

"Listen, we can figure this out, but we have to get out of here." Elena said grabbing April and pulling her with her until they turned a corner and found Bekah.

"Sorry, not allowed." Bekah told her and I walked up behind them. "Why don't you take a seat? The rest of the class will be here shortly." She compelled.

A short time later Bekah walked in with Stefan like she had with Caroline just moments before.

"Stefan..." Elena said standing up.