Farewell to Storyville

I made my way to Lafayette Cemetery and wandered around until I heard the three Originals talking.

"Rebekah!" Nik called out and I quickly walked in the direction I heard him.

"Walk away." Elijah said.

"Don't move!" Nik ordered. I assumed they were talking to Bekah.

"Leave us now." Elijah said again.

"I can't. I'm stuck here. Elijah, he has the white oak stake." Bekah said fearfully and I walked right in the middle of them. Elijah and Bekah on one side and Nik with the white oak stake on the other.

"I brought it for you, sister." Nik told her as I made myself known. "Nicole what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to make sure you don't kill your siblings." I said plainly.

"Get out of his sight and take Nicole with you. Your presence here only serves to anger him. Leave him to me now." Elijah ordered Bekah. She used her vamp speed to get to me then leave for another part of the cemetery.

"Did you honestly think it was a good idea for you to be here?" she asked me.

"I wanted to be here. I need to make sure he doesn't do anything he'll regret." I told her.

"What can you do to stop him?" she asked me.

"Not much. Just keep him talking. Try to make him remember you in a good light." I said. We saw Nik appear close to us before Elijah got between him and us once more.

"As long as it takes, by whatever means necessary." Elijah told him. We stayed like this all night. Nik shouting abuse at Elijah and Bekah while ordering me to go to him. Bekah's phone rang after the sun rose and she updated Marcel on what was happening around us.

"I've never seen him like this before. He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me." Bekah said and I linked our arms together to try and comfort her. "That's a brilliant strategy. But, given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here 'til moonrise, my options are somewhat limited." She told him. "I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" she sighed and I gave her arm a small squeeze while trying to offer her a comforting smile. She hung up shortly after and we turned back to Elijah and Nik, both of whom were still pacing outside where we were hiding.

"You've been at this for hours. To what end? Niklaus, I know you, and I grew up fighting you. I can't be beaten, nor can I be persuaded. You cannot get past me." Elijah told him.

"I could get past you. Although, it might have to be over your dead body. You did stab me with that blade, forcing me to endure hours of unspeakable pain. Perhaps I should direct my rage toward you." Nik said pointing the stake threateningly at Elijah.

"You should see yourself- the murderous expression, the self-righteous posturing. You look like Father." Elijah told him which only served to anger Nik.

"I'm not him. Rebekah's betrayal justifies my anger. His was that of a madman. You were never the recipient of his cruelty. None of you were- not Kol, not Finn, None of you! I think you've forgotten what he was truly like." Nik said.

"No. I have not forgotten." Elijah corrected him. "I remember when I was teaching you to use a bow. You missed the dear and while I encouraged your small triumph of aim, Father beat you for apologizing to him for missing your mark." They stared at each other for a moment after sharing the memory. Then, all of a sudden, Nik sped away with Elijah close behind him.

"Niklaus, I understand your anger, but I implore you, be better than him. Do what he could not- demonstrate the grace of mercy, rather than this petty cruelty." Elijah almost begged him.