Bad Moon Rising

Elena and I were at the Salvatore house waiting for Alaric to arrive and I was going through everything I had learned about Isobel.

"So, let me see if I got this right. Isobel is our mother?" I asked Elena.

"Yes."

"She had us when she was a teenager at dad's clinic?"

"Yes."

"Uncle John isn't our uncle but our father, which would make mom and dad our aunt and uncle and Jeremy our cousin?"

"Technically, yes."

"Alaric, your history teacher, was married to Isobel?"

"Yep."

"But then she met Damon and turned into a vampire who probably will want us all dead eventually. If we go through history correctly."

"Don't know about the last part but the part with Damon is a yes. He killed her and she came back a vampire."

"So not only has Damon killed Jeremy but he also killed our birth mother. How much am I allowed to hate one person?" I asked her and she laughed a little. I smiled at her and turned when I heard a knock on the front door.

"Thanks for coming, Rick."

"Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric walked into sight and saw both myself Elena and I together.

"You let Katherine in your house and left her alone with Elena?!" I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"I'm Nicole. Not an evil doppelganger but I can be the worse of the twins." I told him. I walked up to him, my heels clicking on the wood floor, and held my hand out to him. He shook it, eyeing me and my clothes.

"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan told him.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric asked us.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead not dead vampire wife might." Damon told him, smirking.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena clarified sitting on a couch.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan reminded him.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Alaric told us.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon said stupidly.

"Aside from vampires," I said looking pointedly at Damon, "what else?" I asked looking at Alaric.

"The lycanthrope." Alaric told us.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena asked.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon said, leaning back in his seat.

"Is it?" Stefan asked sitting next to his girlfriend leaving the only open seat next to Damon.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" I sat next to him. He put his arm around my shoulders and I pushed him away.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked us.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founder's day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon told him.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's worker. It suggest it's some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan told him.