Brotherhood of the Damned

Everyone was wearing white and/or red clothing; children ran through the street carrying flags, while adults mingle on the sidewalks. A parade of parishioners marched up the main street in white and red robes, some of whom were carrying their own statues covered in red sheets. Among the crowd, Nik and I rushed trying to find Finn while talking to Marcel.

"I've searched the entire French Quarter- Finn has vanished. I can't remove the barrier that has you trapped until I have my hand around his throat." Nik told him making Marcel sigh in exhaustion.

"I was hoping you had a Plan B." Marcel told him.

"Davina. She doesn't know it yet, but she's going to help me break his spell." Nik told him. "Your job? Keep Kol alive. At least until we learn Rebekah's whereabouts. Are you listening to me?" Nik asked him impatiently.

"Yeah." Marcel sounding distracted. "Uh, that all sounds fine and good, but listen... when I was getting the werewolves out, I got bit." Nik and I stopped walking and Nik closed his eyes, sighing, stressed by this new revelation.

"I will get you my blood. I will get you out of that house, Marcellus. Whatever it takes." Nik swore before hanging up.

"I'll call Davina." I told him before doing so.

Davina agreed to meet us at St. Anne's. Nik was pacing around in front of the sacristy while Davina set up what she needed for what I thought was a locater spell.

"Haven't you found Finn yet?" Nik asked her, but she just ignored him and continued to work on setting up. "I must say, for a witch of your caliber, your spells are not particularly efficient."

"This doesn't look like a locater spell." I mentioned.

"Finn is blocking my locator spell. So, I'm trying something new. But, I need to concentrate, and it would help a lot if someone would stop standing over me like a stalker." She said pointedly at Nik.

"No need to get testy, love. We all have the same goal." Nik reminded her before she lit a match and began to use it to light the candles in her circle.

"Really? Because my goal is to get Kol out of your house alive. Which seems to be about number ten on your list." Davina pointed out.

"Number nine, at least!" Nik smirked.

"What is wrong with you? He's your brother!" Davian nearly shouted at him.

"Yes! And, I also have a sister, one who I happen to care about more." Nik told her making her roll her eyes even knowing he had a point.

"Kol tricked us, Davina." I reminded her. "He put Rebekah in another body and didn't tell us."

"So, until he tells me where she is, Kol can rot, as far as I'm concerned. And you might wanna get your villains straight, love, because Finn is the architect of this fiasco. So, pick up the pace! Find out where he's getting his power from, so we can stop it." Nik demanded. Davina raised her eyebrows at him, clearly amused, before she made a face and started her spell.

"We du le mon ennemi on ton. We du le mon ennemi on ton." She chanted. "I saw glimpses of him. He's combining sacred objects. Totems. Representational magic."

"Where?" Nik asked her.

"Lafayette No. 1. The Lyonne tomb." She told us.

"What's he channeling?" I asked her.

"He's channeling Mikael and Esther!" she told us shocked.

"And here I thought I was the poster-child for least grateful offspring!" Nik said grinning widely.