Gonna Set Your Flag on Fire

"It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters. Yet, still, she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily troublemaker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us- to live on as one of the monster's she created or, suffer the slow, agonizing death she so deserves." Nik told me and Cami on our way to the safe house.

"Um, congratulations, I guess?" Cami said from behind us. "But, right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn... considering I totally stabbed him in the back."

"He won't find you here. This is the safest place you could possibly be. Come on! There's someone I want you to meet." Nik said getting out of the car with the two of us following him. "I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemakers all the fuss has been about." The door opened and Hayley came out on the porch with Katherine in her arms and Nikolas following her. I made my way to them and took Katherine from her as Nik picked up Nikolas. "Camille, you remember our son, Nikolas. This is Katherine Hope Mikaelson. Our daughter." Cami stared absolutely stunned, and looked at us in confusion before turning her focus back on the children in our arms.

"Oh my god! But- You said- I thought she was-?" Cami said trying for words.

"The only way to truly protect them was to convince the world of their death." Nik told her and I smiled at my children before looking up at Nik. "I hope you understand, once it is safe for you to leave here, this secret cannot leave with you." Cami, clearly happy at this revelation, nodded in understanding before smiling at Katherine and Nikolas with tears in her eyes before walking up to us. She held out her hand and Katherine grabbed her finger, cooing at the older woman making us both giggle.

"Oh, she's perfect!" Cami told us.

"Yes, they are."

Once we were inside, we all tried brainstorming what our next moves were.

"Now that we've entombed our mother, I intend to finish making the city safe for Katherine. Which, to start, means dealing with the lingering problem of Finn." Nik told us.

"Oh, once he figures out what you've done to your mother, he's gonna go off the deep end." Cami told us.

"Which is exactly why we need to keep you here. Out of harm's way." I told her.

"Hayley, Nikole, and I will return home and take care of my wayward brother. Elijah will remain here with you." Nik said. I turned to Elijah to see him displeased with this decision as he peered out the window. "He's been experiencing some side effects since his ordeal as our mother's captive. Best he stay here and convalesce." Elijah gave Nik an offended look. Clearly he was feeling patronized by us.

"A single violent outburst at a filthy road-side café, and one never hears the end of it." Elijah said.

"A single violent outburst that could have been solved with compulsion instead of death." I reminded him. "While the two of you are together Nik and I thought she might be able to help you." Cami looked over at Elijah awkwardly, while Elijah simply looked uncomfortable with the situation he was now in.

"Well, if you excuse us, we best be on my way! Rebekah should have already woken up in the body of Angelica Barker. Once she has cut the ties of Miss Barker's former life, she'll make her way directly here." Nik said smiling. "You should expect her shortly." I gave both my children a kiss before Nik, Hayley and I left the safe house for New Orleans.