Chapter 28 - Darker

Jo wakes up the next morning, finding the place next to her empty. She sits up to look for Dart and sees him sitting in a chair, staring at a magazine in his lap. His cheeks seem red and he is mumbling something. Jo tilts her head and studies him from the bed, wondering what he is looking at. 

He turns the page and moans, before whispering: "Holy mother of god, this is too much. She is going to end up under a lot of beds with this one. Maybe even on walls." He rubs his neck and Jo can clearly see he is blushing now, knowing exactly what he is looking at. It's the glossy magazine that she did the photoshoot with Dirk for. 

She gets up quietly and tiptoes over to him to see which one of the pictures he's is looking at. She looks over his shoulder and leans over to his ear to whisper: "It gets worse." Dart lifts his head and blushes even more. 

Jo smiles, walking around him to look him in the eyes. She holds his face in her hands and stares into his eyes. "Good morning love of my life. If that picture is too much already, you should skip the last one." His eyes go wider, before he leans forward to get her the fit magazine with him on the cover.

Jo sits down across from him and stares at the cover, admiring his rock hard body. She runs her fingers over the paper and bites her lip. She hears Dart stifle a laugh and looks up at him. He is looking at her with a smug smile on his lips, happy his picture has an effect on her too. She shakes her head and says: "I would love to meet a man like that someday." She sighs excessively and holds the magazine to her chest. 

Dart laughs at her and waits for her to look inside for his other pictures. She stares at his body, wet from sweat and lifting weights. All with a bare chest and a sultry look in his eyes. She fans herself and takes a deep breath, before turning the page. 

The final picture takes her breath away. She stares at a naked Dart in the shower, showing off his butt and broad shoulders and looking very satisfied. Jo mumbles: "I feel like licking the page, damn." She looks up at Dart with deep red cheeks and a racing heart. 

He is chewing his lip, slowly turning the page to see Jo's last picture. He stares at the page, seeing a confident Jo, in nothing but boxers. The look in her eyes makes him melt on the spot, he can't even look away. He gets lost in his own feelings while staring at the page. He can just imagine guys looking at this picture and suddenly feels very uncomfortable. 

Jo walks over to him and takes the magazine from him, putting it aside. She sits down on his lap, pushes her chest against his and stares deep into his eyes. He stares back at her and slowly starts to smile. She wiggles in his lap, smiling back at him. He pulls her hair and kisses her softly. 

He closes his eyes and sighs as he hugs her close. Jo leans back and forces him to look into her eyes, searching for answers to his mood. She runs her fingers through his hair and asks softly: "Can you tell me what's wrong? Is it the pictures?" 

He nods slightly and speaks in a broken voice: "I know I'm a hypocrite for feeling bad about your pictures. I was just imagining guys watching it and well... You know... It made me sad and angry at the same time." 

Jo strokes his hair and says: "I know, it's a terrible feeling. Until you realize that all they get is the fantasy, not the real deal. And they never will. The first thing I wanted to do when I saw your shower picture, was lick the page. But then I quickly realized I get to lick the real thing and it won't turn my tongue black, no matter how often I lick your body. Imagine those poor girls, with your faded picture and their tongues covered in ink. And then those boys, ruining my picture, because they got too excited." Dart can see it in his mind and bursts out in laughter.

Jo gets up from his lap, picking up the glossy magazine to look at the interview they printed. She reads it and is surprised to see the question about the scar is not the first question printed. Together with the follow-up question about potential more scars, they're the last two questions on the page and they used her exact answers.