Rushing to the side of the bars, Vihaan stood only half-foot away from Sanchi, enclosing her palms on either side of the bar handles. "I am still trying to go strong even after committing such a thing, I feel as if I don't have life inside me. You need to stop crying now otherwise I'll die for the real time."

Bending her forehead against the bars, Sanchi cried. "You ne-ed to stop talk-ing of dying imme-diately. We have already lost Dhee-raj bro. I can't aff-ord to lose you."

Brushing her hair through whatever space he had in between the iron rods, Vihaan muttered, "You have already lost me. I don't know what severe punishment awaits me for killing a police personnel on duty."

"Don't devi-ate me more, I want to kn-ow what made you to do th-at." Sanchi lifted her head and crossed her arms.

"I will tell you but promise me you won't disclose it to anybody. I can't bear my family hating my brother when he is no more," Vihaan said, rubbing his moist eyes with the back of his palm.

Sanchi's eyes widened. "What do you me-an? Why will th-ey hate your bro-ther when he was so ama-zing and lovable to every-one?"

"He was the best person in my life, Sanchi. He was my first tutor when I was a toddler, my best friend throughout the growing ages of my life so far. We had never got dad to spend enough time with us because of his postings and busy schedules, but my brother was the fatherly figure to me. I am left with nothing now, it feels like someone has taken out my life from me." Vihaan's voice sounded heavy, full of emotions for his brother.

"I ha-ve seen the bond you sha-red with your bro-ther," Sanchi solemnly agreed, trying to read the expressions on his face.

"But when your same brother tries to attack your best friend and is on the verge of killing your dad, how can you resist yourself from taking the worst decision of shooting the closest person in your life?" Vihaan uttered in a feeble voice.

"Tell me more, Vih-aan. I knew you could-n't be totally wro-ng."

"Since when he returned from Goa and joined us on the mission at Agra, his behavior was strange. He was irked with Shaurya for taking dad and my help regarding the factory ordeal. One night when I was getting restless in sleep, I awoke after hearing a soft murmur and overheard him speaking to someone over a phone call. He was discussing about ruining Shaurya's business and demanding for more money." Vihaan paused for a second, giving time to Sanchi to infiltrate the truth.

"And th-en?" Sanchi asked in confusion.

"I couldn't believe myself then and even now. I can't believe my own brother was involved in all these. I doubt he was also helping the real culprits from the bureau, besides Tarun." Vihaan paused again before repeating in a lower tone, "I think he also married Vidya only to get closer to the Trivedi family and spoil their business."

"It can't be possi-ble, Vih-aan. I have seen how mu-ch he loved Vid-ya." Sanchi couldn't believe her ears.

"This is the sole reason why I chose to remain quiet. I don't want my brother to be remembered as a traitor by the people who loved him."

"So you chose your-self to be hated by peo-ple who loves you?" Sanchi nodded her head. "I'm going to ex-pose the real-ity before things get compli-cated. An honest offi-cer like you can't be punish-ed simply. Besides, the depart-ment needs you to solve the who-le of the case and ma-ny more cases in the ne-ar future. You can't lea-ve us like this."

"You promised me that you will not be telling anyone about it. If you utter a single word outside of this prison, I will choose not to even see your face." Vihaan warned her. "There are honest officers present at the bureau who can solve the case, my dad and Arjun. There are many more minions that the mastermind has left behind even after Tarun has been caught and my brother is dead. The police can always skip my brother's mentions because I'll be taking the blame on myself in the court of law."