Webbing

"Damn you Peter!"
No, he wasn't really there, or in front of me in any way.
But I needed to shout out something in my frustration. I'm webbed to the freaking lockers for crying out loud.

"Meribella?"

Ned, that was Ned.
He was walking down the hallway at a very slow pace, obviously confused on what was happening at the moment.
"Ned! I need you!"

He hurried after that and looked at my pinned body up and down with his hands out.
"Did peter do this?"

What?!
"Pshh, Uhh.... No?"
Yes, it came out as more of a question but he just blurted it out. Does he know?

"You know that Peter is Spider-Man don't you?"
His entire vibe changed when he said that. He went from Mr.FreakOut to Mr.Cool.
He had on a smirk and arms crossed to go with it.

I sighed and let my head fall.
"Yes, I do. But listen he's in a lot of trouble right now, I can feel it. I need you to go and help him."

"Me?! But-"

"Now Ned!" I shouted at him.
He seemed taken off guard but got his shit together fairly soon.
He raced out as fast as his legs could carry him. Now all that was left was for me to get out of Peters stupid webs. I had no idea if it would work, but I had a plan.

"Okay Meribella. You got this. Come on come on.."
I continued to talk to myself as I focused my mind on heating up my body. If I got warm enough, the webs particles should break apart easily.
"Come on come on."

I couldn't tell if I wasn't or not, but before I knew it, the webs were snapped in half. Some on the floor and in a gooey mess while very few still stuck to the wall.
I silently cheered myself on as I pulled myself together and ran as fast as I could to the doors.

But right when I opened them, I saw the destruction.
Obviously they had already battled here.
The school busses were dented in, some even tipped over.
There were glass shards all over the floor, and then there was Ned. A lonely Ned sitting along the curb.

"Ned!" I screamed, racing over to him.
His posture wasn't moving. He wasn't moving. Why wasn't he moving?
"Ned?" I shelled my pace and placed a hand on his shoulder. He didn't move, or flinch, or even turn towards me.
He simply took in a breathe.
"Ned what's wrong?"

Millions of thoughts ran through my mind.

Was he hurt?
Was he in pain?
Bleeding?

Was Peter hurt?...

"That..." he spoke softly and slowly.
"Was the most epic thing of my entire life."
I swear, I had never seen a bigger smile than the one I saw on Ned when he finally turned towards me.
He was practically lighting up the entire sky.
I had never seen him so happy before.

I couldn't help but laugh. It felt good to laugh, even with a moment like this, Ned always knew how to make something better.
"Okay." I laughed
"Seriously, I need you to tell me where Peter went."

Ned's mission face came back on and his entire body language changed. He was now standing in front of me ready to salute.
"We tracked the bad guys phone to a warehouse not far from here. About five blocks down."

I nodded firmly to him, making my way.
"Send me the address. You're amazingNed!!" I screamed, running towards the warehouse.

Of course I needed to wait a few minutes while Ned sent the address. I couldn't super speed anywhere unless I knew where I was going right?
As soon as the address popped up on my screen, I was off.