Hoco

Today was homecoming.
Of course I've always dreamed of going to homecoming and having that whole "duff" moment when the popular guy chooses me instead of the hot popular girl/popularity itself.
I've always wanted to go shopping for homecoming dresses and shoes and being able to find that absolute perfect dress that just makes me glow.
But I never thought about the person.
The person that I'd want to go with.
And no, I don't have a Wesley Rush to sweep me off my feet. I have Peter Parker, and I wouldn't change that for anyone.
But this entire thing going on right now, I never thought would happen. I always thought that I'd want to go no matter what.

But here I am. In my house, alone, staying in my pj's and eating ice cream while watching movies. On homecoming night, not going, because of a boy.
I can understand the movies now.

Something in me wanted Peter to get a clue and rush over here with flowers and some cute romantic gesture. But this is real life, it isn't some fairytale.

"Meribella, my system finally got a hit on one of the men we saw from the cameras on the ferry. Would you like to see the files?"

I sat up straight and pushed the ice cream aside, sadly.
"Yea, pull them up."

Pictures of different people popped up on the screening table in front of me.
I saw a man that I hadn't seen before, but I'm assuming he was the vulture guy that peter was fighting.
Then I saw a picture of a beautiful women, black hair and dark skin, because this program is closely, well, programmed. I'd assumed that was his wife. But the third photo had me speechless.
"Liz?"

A picture of Liz was underneath the other two pictures. The moms name was Doris Toomes, and Vultures real name was Adrian Toomes.
But then why was Liz's last name Allen?!
"Oh no... no no no. Vulture is Liz's dad?!!" I shouted, jumping up from the couch and sprinting upstairs.

"Grace! Get the car ready!"

I hurried up into my room and immediately pulled out whatever I could. I needed to get to Peter and let him know, Liz is at the dance, and vulture is out there right now. If he sees Peter sees him, he'll go after him, I know it. Without any back up or anything which is totally stupid but exactly what peter will do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm only wearing black, but underneath a long sleeved dress.
I can't go into the dance and get peter looking like I'm about to rob a bank,
My mask was tucked into the side of my jeans.

I tried my best to run but wearing black sneakers under a formal dress tends to gain some attention.
I ran as fast as I could into the dance, which the security was very bad, no one was even there to stop me since I didn't have a ticket. I literally ran right in.

I felt scared, panicked. I needed to get to Peter.

As soon as I turned my head in the opposite direction, I saw Peter.
Smiling, with his hands on Liz's waist.
He seemed so happy. The way he was looking at her. How they danced, how she looked at him.

I could hear my heart cracking.

"Meribella?"
I turned my head to look at whoever called my name, and immediately saw Ned walking over to me. When I looked back to Peter, he wasn't dancing anymore.
He was standing away from Liz, looking at me dead in the eyes with a look on his face that I couldn't figure out.
And look that I didn't want to see.

I turned towards Ned and tried moving passed him as fast as I could.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come."
And with that I was gone, running through the hallways.
I threw my dress off as I ran, showing the all black kick-ass outfit I had on underneath.