"We can't..."

Harry's POV

I headed out through the hospital exit to get some air before I called Louise.
It was dark outside and the stars in the sky were gleaming brighter than I'd ever seen them before. My crazy mind linked that to Even, I just don't believe in coincidence's, call me insane.

I scrolled through my recent contacts and quickly found Louise's number and pressed call. I nervously tapped my foot on the ground,
What if she says 'no' ?

"Hey honey, is everything okay? Have you found Cyrus yet?" Louise greeted.

Wow... nobody updated her.

"Um, yeah, yeah. We've found him and he's in the hospital, we're here with him." I answered a few seconds later, putting my hand in my pocket as I nervously paced around in circles.

"Oh my gosh, that's great! Have you told Even? He needs to be there." Louise told me and I froze, what do I say? How do I say this?

"...Even's dead." I blurted out, not really knowing how else to say it.

"What?" Louise sounded extremely confused through the phone.

"He-he got into a pretty bad car crash on his way here, th-that's why I called you... Isak obviously isn't fit to have Cyrus and there's a big chance that his Mother won't be able to handle looking after him. So, I was wondering, w-what if we adopted him?" I asked, biting my lip. I needed her to say 'yes', but I really wasn't sure what she'd say.

"Y-you do realise that doing that would make Cyrus and TJ brothers, right?" She stuttered out, confused.

I hadn't thought about that...

"S-so he can't live with us?" I frowned.

"He can stay with us and we can sign to be his legal guardian's but... we can't adopt him. It could prevent Cyrus and TJ from getting married when they're older, they'd legally be brothers if we adopted him and I think we both know that brotherly love isn't that strong." She explained.

"Also, we don't know if Cyrus' birth Mom is going to turn down the offer, she still see's Cyrus sometimes and maybe she'll want another chance at being his Mother." My wife added, flooding my head with impossible ideas.

"That legal guardian thing, can we do that? Let him live with us? He wouldn't have to move town and change schools or make new friends. Everything could stay the same, as normal as possible." I replied.

"I care about Cyrus, he's like a second son to me and I just- I remember when I lost my parents, I was about his age. The thing I wanted most was for everything to back to the way it used to be, have the same friends and school and everything else. Moving just makes everything so much more stressful." I added, truthfully.

"If his Mother declines the offer of full custody then he can live with us, yes... just not as our son, it would make Cyrus and Tj's relationship incest." Louise told me, to which I frowned at. This whole foster system continues to confuse me to this day.

"Okay, so he's got a safe place to stay if his Mother says 'no'?" I checked.

"Yes, he'll always have a place here no matter what. He pretty much already lives here." Louise chuckled and I smiled at the ground, she wasn't wrong.

"True. I better go and check on Cyrus, Mr Driscoll went to tell him about Even almost 10 minutes ago. I love you and I'll call you later." I told her.

"Love you too." She replied before hanging up.

Tj's POV

I held Cyrus tighter the harder he cried. I had no idea what else I could do, I'd only ever seen him cry once.

"Shhh, it's okay." I whispered in an attempt to calm him. He didn't stop crying, he just buried his head into the crook of my neck, soaking my skin with his tears.

I know how it feels to loose a parent, I'd been through the same thing with my Mother. I was younger then so I didn't really understand much, all I knew was that she was gone and never coming back. I can't imagine the pain of actually understanding what happened. Even and My Mom had both been killed in the same way, a car crash.

I let a tear escape my eye as I held my boyfriend close. I wanted to do something to make it stop but in this situation, I knew that time was the only thing that could make it easier. Never easy, but easier.

"T-Teej..." Cyrus whimpered out, his voice a little muffled.

"I'm here, it's okay." I replied, closing my eyes.

"I-I love you." He told me, making me smile a little.

I heard this alot but every single time I heard it, my stomach still went crazy.

"I love you too, baby." I responded, kissing his hair lightly.

A/N:

Shitty chapter but it's 6:03 am and I've gotta get up for my first day back at school, love that

If you hadn't noticed, I'm trying to update more frequently.

I've updated 3 times in the past 10 hours yeeet.