Fresh start

TJ's POV 

I looked out of the car window and looked at the unfamiliar houses as we drove by. My earphones were on full blast so that I didn't have to listen to the social workers stupid classical music. She told me It was inspiring but I don't see how a song with literally no words can be inspiring, My Math teacher made more sense than she did and that is saying something. I was listening to Twenty One Pilots because that helped calm my nerves. I was moving to a whole new area with a whole new family, who wouldn't be nervous? I'd met my new family before, they were the Kippen family. My new Mom's name was Louise and my new Dad's name was Harry, I also had a new sister called Amber. I wasn't nervous about going to live with them, I was more nervous about the change in my routine. I hated change which is pretty Ironic for someone like me, I'll get to why later on.  

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my social worker pulling into a drive way before coming to a stop. I took my earphones out, I didn't wanna seem like rude or anything.

"You ready, TJ?" Denise asked.

"I-I think so." I replied honestly.

"You have nothing to worry about, I promise. This family already love you like you're their own and I know that you don't like change but you can still talk to me whenever. You have my number and I'll always answer, Okay?" She said.

"Okay." I nodded before taking a deep breath and getting out of the car. I headed to the boot to get my bags. I only had a large suitcase full as I didn't have many clothes anyway, I just had memorable things and things that I needed like my brothers blankie and my stuffed animal, both if which I still can't  sleep without even at age 13.

I shut the boot and made my way to the door with Denise. 

"How are you feeling?" Denise asked.

"Nerv-cited. I'm new to this but Ty used to say sometimes change is good so I guess I've just got to see if he's right, it could go well. I mean I already like them and my knew name." I said.

The door opened and Louise and Harry stood there with big smiles on there faces. 

"Hey TJ! Welcome home, come in." My Dad said. I smiled brightly and walked in before making my way to the living room. I had been to their house once before when I got showed around.

My Mom followed me into the living room while my Dad was talking to Denise, probably about my medication schedule.

"Do you want a anything, A drink or a snack or something like that?" She asked.

"It depends how long there is until dinner for  a snack, I don't want to fill myself up." I replied.

"We have dinner at 7 and it's 1PM now  so do you want to come and see what we have?" She offered.

"Sure." I replied following her to the kitchen after putting my bags down.

"Where is Amber?" I asked.

"She's upstairs in her room with her friends." She answered.

"A-are they from her high-school?" I stuttered nervously.

"Not these ones. They actually go to your new middle school, I'll introduce you after you have settled in. Andi is Amber's girlfriend and Cyrus is her best friend, they've know each other for years and trust me there is nothing to worry about." She told me.

"Girlfriend?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Amber is Lesbian. You're okay with that, right?" She said.

"Yeah I'm okay with it, it's good to know that I'm not alone." I replied.