"It just scares me..."

Author's POV

"What?!" TJ and Cyrus said in unison, shock very clear on both of their faces.

"Even, he was trying to get here and- well we don't know all of the detail's yet but Officer Driscoll just got rushed to the scene. From what I've heard, it sounds pretty bad."  Harry informed.

"Is Even going to be okay?" TJ asked as he rubbed Cyrus' back with his hand, trying to sooth the shocked and silent boy.

"Nobody knows yet, but I hope so. They've already sent ambulances so I'll go and wait near the entrance and I'll come and tell you if he is brought in." TJ's Dad said. 

"Thanks Dad." TJ replied and Harry gave a sympathetic smile in response before walking out of the hospital room.

"Teej..." Cyrus chocked out before bursting out in tears. TJ wrapped his long arms around his boyfriend and pulled him closer into his chest.

"It's all going to be okay." TJ told Cyrus before pressing a kiss to his hair, attempting to comfort him.

"B-but w-what if I-it isn't?" Cyrus stuttered between sobs, his bottom lip continuing  to tremble as tears slipped out of his chocolate brown eyes.

"Don't think about that right now, babe." The taller boy responded, pressing another kiss to Cyrus' hair.

"B-but what if I lose him?" Cyrus continued to think of the what if's as his tears streamed down his face.

"Don't think about that either, It's going to be okay. Whatever happens, I'll be by your side."

Marty's POV

I hit the side of the vending machine once again and groaned in frustration when the bag of Maltesers still didn't fall to the bottom.

"Somebody looks... angry? Are you angry?" I heard a familiar voice speak up from behind me. I immediately froze for a few seconds, not really knowing what to say or do.

I finally decided to turn around to see if I was right about who it was.

"B-Buffy..." I stuttered out as a big grin grew on my face.

"Hey." Buffy smiled back. I could swear that she was blushing a little but I decided to let it pass and instead pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around my waist and the familiar smell of her coconut shampoo flooded my airways.

"I missed you so much." I whispered as I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"I missed you too." She replied, tightening her grip on me before we pulled away from each other's embrace.

"How have you been?" I asked her.

"I've been okay I guess, It was hard moving away from home but I'm surviving. What about you? How are you and Connor?" Buffy quizzed, sounding a little jealous.

"W-we um... didn't last. He's still in the hospital and I haven't got time to visit him alot so we just decided to end it. I text him occasionally but he's only allowed his phone on Sunday afternoon's so I haven't heard from him in a while." I explained, looking down at my shoes.

"Have you... made any new friends?" I added, trying to change the subject.

"I actually have. The girl who lives next door to me is going to my new high school and she plays basketball too. Her name is Kira, you'd probably get on well with her." Buffy answered.

"Maybe. You have to come and visit soon, E.V is missing you like crazy." I said truthfully. My sister hadn't stopped asking me if I was going to ever invite Buffy over, it was getting quite annoying.

"I miss her too. We've face chatted a few times and she told me what happened with Austin. I know after what he did, that would have been really traumatic for you. Are you okay after that?" She asked as took my hand. Buffy was the only one who understood how sensitive I actually am deep down and she never judged me for it. I'm lucky to have her.

"It just scares me, the fact that he could get to us that easily. He killed my Mom and my brother, I don't understand how he even got released. He should have gone down for life, he murdered two innocent people." I sighed before taking a seat on the chairs. She sat on the chair next to mine and lay a caring hand on my shoulder.

"Well after shooting Cyrus, he will be inside for life. I'm so sorry that you had to see him again." Buffy sympathized.

"It's okay, atleast nobody died this time, thanks to Cyrus. I haven't thanked him yet and I really need to, I'm just not good at those things." I remembered.

"Why do you need to thank Cyrus?" Buffy frowned, not knowing the full story.

"Austin had the gun to TJ's head and was about to shoot him but Cyrus pushed TJ out of the way without him expecting it, that's how he got shot." I told her and my eyes filled with tears at the painful memory.

"If Cyrus had been a second later than he was, I wouldn't have any brother's left. He literally took a bullet for TJ, he saved his life. I'm crying, why the fuck am I crying? I'm such an emotional wreck, I'm sor-"

"Marty, you should know by now that you don't need to apologize to me. You've kept it in for too long, just let it out, it's okay." She cut me off to reassure me.

I lay my head on her shoulder and she put her arm around my shoulders.

"I'm so lucky to have someone like you in my life." I told her.

"Likewise." Buffy replied with a soft smile.

I love you.

Harry's POV

I was still waiting near the emergency entrance. It had already been 10 minutes and several people had been rushed in, but none of them were Even.

"Mr.Kippen..." A male said, snapping me out of my worried trance.

It was PC Driscoll.

He took off his hat and gave me a sad smile, It was then that I knew for sure what was coming.

Please no.

"I am so sorry for your loss."

A/N:

*Immature snort*... It's part 69... haha 🌚

Sorry for the delay on the update, hopefully I can put together a schedule for this school year and I might update every Sunday.

Also,

I'm writing a new tyrus story on here called "Boy in the Bubble" and I'll let y'all know when it's out.

Thank you for reading, I'll update as soon as I can.

-TJ.