He's coming home?

Cyrus' POV

I was awoken by a loud, unwanted beeping noise. It was my alarm. The clock read 5:45 A.M and I had to get up for school, unfortunately. I pressed stop on my alarm and groaned tiredly.

It was going to be my first day back at school without TJ and I was dreading it to say the least. I wouldn't be able to sit in class with his hand in mine. I wouldn't be able to hold him whenever he felt tense, I wouldn't have anyone to share my fries with and science was going to be the worst without him. 

I sighed before lifting up my covers and getting out of my bed. I hissed at the feeling of my feet on the freezing cold floor but carried on to the bathroom to wash my face. 

Once I got to the sink my phone started ringing. Who the fuck would want to talk to me this early? I speed walked to my bedroom and grabbed my phone from my bed side table. It was TJ.

I quickly pressed answer and lifted my phone to my ear.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I asked, making those the first words of my day.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" TJ questioned, he sounded tired but not as in "I've just woke up" tired, as in "I haven't slept in days tired." 

"It's fine I was already awake, babe. Did you sleep okay?" I replied.

"Well, not really." He sighed.

"Why not?" I said, taking a seat on my bed.

"I just couldn't sleep at all to be honest. No matter how hard I tried or how many times I tossed and turned I still couldn't get to sleep. I felt like someone was watching me even though my curtains were closed and there was no body looking through the door." He explained.

"It's probably just your anxiety. I know it doesn't help to hear this but I promise you, it will get better." I reassured him.

"I hope so." He groaned and let out a yawn.

"Me too. I'll come and see you later." I told him.

"When?" He asked.

"I'll try and come right after school if I can." I answered.

"Okay, I'll let you get ready. I love you." He blew kisses through the phone.

"I love you too, Babyboy. See you later." I blew kisses back to him.

"See you later." He repeated before hanging up the phone.

I put my phone back on my bed side table and went into my bathroom again to wash my face. Once I had done that I went into my room to get dressed. I wore some jeans and one of TJ's shirts with his basketball hoodie over it.

"Cyrus, breakfast is ready!" Bubs called from downstairs.

"Be down in a second!" I shouted back. 

I made my bed before slipping my white converse on and making my way down stairs with my phone in my hand.

"Morning, son." Bubs smiled as I entered the kitchen.

"Morning. Where's Dad?" I asked, looking up from my phone.

"He had to go to work early to speak to TJ's psychiatrist, apparently there's been a change. Don't tell him I told you." He answered.

"Is it a good change or a bad change?" I questioned, slightly panicked.

"I don't actually know, you'll probably have to ask TJ's parents. Your Dad isn't exactly supposed to share information about it. Patient confidentiality and all of that stuff." Bubs shrugged before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I guess." I yawned.

"Nice hoodie you've got there. Since when was your last name Kippen? Was there a wedding you had behind my back?" He joked and I blushed, hiding my face with my hands. I decided not to answer.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?" He added.

"TJ." I said before pouring syrup onto the pancakes that Bubs had cooked for breakfast.

"Is he okay? What's he doing up this early?" Bubs frowned.

"He could be better and he's been up all night. He kept feeling like he was being watched so he couldn't get to sleep." I explained, putting my phone down.

I took a bite out of one of the pancakes. To be honest, I would prefer TJ's pancakes to these ones any day but they were still good.

"How are they?" Bubs asked me, raising his eyebrows as he waited for my answer.

"They're good." I nodded with a smile before continuing to eat them.

"Thank god for google." He gestured to the sky as he stood up and walked over to the sink. I just laughed at him and shook my head. He was such a classic Dad.

"Yup, google is great." I nodded. 

He washed his coffee cup out and put it in the sink for it to be washed later.

"I've got to get going now. Are you going to see TJ later?" He said, walking over to me.

"Yeah." I nodded, finishing up my breakfast.

"Okay, have a good time. I'll see you when you get back." He kissed my head before exiting the kitchen.

"Bye!" I called as he shut the door. 

I sighed before getting out of my seat and running upstairs. It was now 6:06 A.M and I still had to do my hair and brush my teeth.

I rushed into my bathroom and brushed my teeth before combing my hand through my hair. I really couldn't be bothered today, it's not like I was out to impress anyone, I already had my man.

I grabbed my bag and earphones before running down stairs and diving onto the couch. I still had time left before I had to leave. I turned my phone on again and saw that I had a missed call from TJ again so I decided to call him back.

I pressed call and put my phone to my ear.

"Hey." He greeted when he answered.

"Hey, sorry I missed your call I was getting ready for hell." I said half jokingly.

"It's fine lol." He chuckled.

"Did you just say 'lol' out loud?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Um, yeah." He answered.

"Oh my god." I shook my head as I cringed.

"Okay before you start bullying me or whatever I need to tell you something." TJ said, changing the subject. 

"What is it?" I asked, concerned.

"Don't worry, it's something good." He reassured me.

"Okay, spill." I instructed.

"My therapist has said that I'm doing well and if I carry on like this for the next few days then I can come home on Thursday." He told me excitedly.

"Oh my god are you serious?!" I was smiling so hard that my face was already aching.

"No I'm TJ." He joked.

"Hahaha." I fake laughed. 

"But seriously, this is great news!" I cheered.

"I know! I can't wait until I come home, we can have proper dates and I can see everyone. We can cuddle without being checked on every 10 minutes." He smiled.

I looked at the time and realised I had to go.

"I can't wait baby. I have to leave for school now so I'll call you on my lunch break." I told him.

"Okay, I love you babe." He told me.

"I love you too, baby." I said before hanging up. I jumped up in the air and cheered loudly. 

My Babyboy was coming home!