Chapter Four

Dani released her vice-like hug on Glacia. "You're just so cute! My names Dani and it's so nice to have a sister!"

Staggering a bit, Glacia remained silent but her smile and beading tears said enough. Dani gave her another hug, but gentler this time. When she released her for a second time she gave her a reassuring smile and stepped back to let everyone else introduce themselves. The youngest boy approached first, bright-eyed and curious. He looked like he wasn't afraid of anything.

"Hi! My name's Cody. Dad didn't tell us much about you but he didn't say you'd come this banged up!"

Charlie might've been getting older but he had the hearing of a hawk. "Cody. Manners."

"Sorry, dad."

Glacia flexed her fingers against her crutches. "It's a long story."

"Will you tell me when we get home?"

Glacia did a double-take. Home. "Oh, yeah, I'll tell you then."

Cody was satisfied with that answer and stepped back quickly for one of his older brothers. He walked
confidently but looked ultimately soft-spoken. He crouched down to Glacia's level and rested both of his well-worked but lean hands on Glacia's small shoulders.

"My name is Graham, and it's so great that you're finally here with us," he said kindly, looking over his shoulder at his brother. "By the way, whatever garbage comes out of his mouth; just ignore it."

Glacia giggled as Graham stood up to make room for his brother. The firefighter stepped forward with the help of a blatantly inflated ego. He smiled lightly, patted her head, and placed his hands on his waist.

"The name's Kade, and you are one lucky girl to have a big brother as awesome as me."

Now she knew exactly what Graham meant. He and Dani were already shaking their heads in disgust, much to Kade's dismay.

"What? I'm just calling it as it is."

Huffing a bit, Glacia decided to ignore Kade's antics and look at the robots, their stances straight and still, quite the opposite of their avid motion before the ferry ride. She quietly observed them up and down, noting their individuality. She wondered what planet they came from and it made her shake a little.

While Glacia was distracted by all of the robots, Dani took the opportunity to talk privately with her dad.

"Hey dad, I've never adopted a kid before," Dani jerked her thumb behind her shoulder. "But I know they're not supposed to come like that. What happened to her?"

Charlie sighed, rubbing his mustache and down to his chin. He knew this topic was going to come up sooner rather than later. "Let's talk about it back at the firehouse."

Taking that as her cue, Dani rounded up her newly extended family. "Come on guys, back to the firehouse," she called, signaling the robots to transform. In a flash they were all back in the vehicle forms just like on the ferry. Glacia wondered how long it would take her to get used to it. She followed her family members, hobbling just behind but stopped when they all got into their respective vehicles. Dani was leaning against her helicopter, smiling.

"Your first ride on Griffun Rock! Take your pick."

Glacia immediately opted for the helicopter, suddenly feeling like quite the dare-devil, Charlie immediately protesting. Dani was able to pacify her father and she was quickly strapped in safely and securely in the passenger's seat. Before she hopped into her own seat she popped a helmet on Glacia's head identical to the one she soon slipped on.