the cheese

I had no other clue as to what to title this chapter... so if you have suggestions... or like it... be sure to tell me... hahaha.

On a level of not enough-being drowned, how would you rate the amount of cheesiness (clicheness) is in this chapter?

—————————————-
(Y/n) takes a deep breath, stepping off the bus, noticing Ace's vehicle already being parked in a space. It makes sense, she had several stops before hers and he could just go straight home. She takes the steps slowly, making sure to not trip. She's been pretty clumsy lately, and she doesn't quite know why.
It must be the lack of sleep, yep. That's a good conclusion, (Y/n). Ryker should still be at work, so she pulls out her keys and unlocks the door. She opens the door with ease, too much ease, and it hits the wall.
"Oops," she bites her lip before she investigates. A sigh of relief escapes her lips. "There's no mark..."
"Wait, who am I talking to?" she shakes her head. Intelligent conversation. She should really stop participating in it.
She makes sure to close the door gently, and makes a mental note to open it just as gently next time. She decides to take the day slow and lays on the couch. Almost as soon as her head hits the pillows, she falls asleep. Yep, she was only exhausted.
Several hours later, she gets jolted awake by the door to the bathroom slamming shut, "Damn draft..."
She stifles laughs before she looks at the clock, she should cook dinner. As she goes to get up, someone's arms wrap around her body. She can feel extreme warmth from the person's chest being pressed onto her back. When she goes to turn around their hands move to cover her eyes, "Guess who."
She rolls his eyes, knowing that he can't actually see her, "Ryker... you do know, you could be the only one here..."
His hands drop from her face and he gives her a blank stare, "Way to ruin all the fun..."
"Oh, sorry. Do it again," she grabs his hands and covers her eyes. She hums as she fakes trying to rack her brain, "Are you... Santa Claus?"
"Who would that make you," he wraps his arms around her again and lightly kisses her neck. "Mrs. Claus?"
"Of course not, they're married," she shakes her head but runs her fingers through his hair. "So I guess that you're not Santa... dang. I really wanted to ask for a new tv this Christmas."
"Ah, well... I might not be some magical being," he lets her out of his embrace and turns her around by grabbing her hand and twisting her. "But I think I might be able to manage making that wish come true."
"Aw... I don't want an old man," she smiles and places her hands on his cheeks. "I have all the magic I need with you."
"Ew, cheesy," he pulls away from her with his face scrunched up. "You know I'm lactose-intolerant, (Y/n)."
"Sorry, couldn't help myself," she shrugs before she goes over to the kitchen. "What do you want for dinner?"
"I don't really care," he sits on the couch after grabbing the remote and he turns on the tv. "What do you feel like?"
"Spaghetti?" she brings up her hands and shrugs. "I don't really remember what we have."
"That's fine by me," he turns around and looks at her over the edge of the couch. "Would you like my help?"
"Nah, you cooked yesterday," she gives him a smile as she struggles trying to find all the kitchenware. "I've got it today."
"Would you at least like a tour? You seem pretty lost," he leans against the back of the couch, smiling as she starts to slam the cabinets shut. "And agitated."
"Please," she turns to look at him, an expression of extreme desperation on her face and he lets out a laugh, "This isn't funny... I fell like I'm stranded on a deserted island."
"Alright, alright," he stands up and goes into the kitchen. He points at each door and stares what's located inside. Once he's done, he bows. "I know. It was a great tour. I will take your tips now."
"But I don't have any money," she plays along and tilts her head for added theatrics. "What can I give you instead?"
"A kiss," he stands back up and taps his cheek, "Right there."
She can't help but smile, this is the man she fell in love with, "Of course."
She leans in to give him a kiss on his cheek, but her turns his head, grabs hers, and places her lips on his, "I changed my mind."
"Well, aren't you just the sweetest," she giggles, but the turns him around and pushes on his back. "Now I've got to cook... so please leave this to me and watch that television of yours, okay?"
"I planned on it," he holds up his hands and leaves the area before plopping himself back onto the couch. "But uh... just let me know if you need any help. Also, next time you miss the bus... wake me up."
"Why?" she turns on the faucet, filling up the pot she put in the sink, and stove before she turns to look at him. "I thought that you're okay with the fact that he gave me a ride."
"I am. Totally okay with it," he looks at her, his eyes shinning with some kind of emotion. "But I'm your significant other... if you can't count on me... then why are we still together?"
She hums, turning back around and turning the running water off and placing the pot on the burner, "True... but you need your sleep for work too..."
"Well, it's not as important as you getting to work. You really wanted this job... we moved so you could have this job. I don't want you lose it just because you don't want to disturb me from my slumber."
"Disturb you from your slumber..." she shakes her head, but he's staring at the screen. "You sound like a vampire or something."
"Maybe I am a vampire," he looks back at her as she scoffs. "Speaking of... Ace... I... met him today. Like... actually introduced myself to him and everything... he gave me a card for a therapist."
"Really? And?" she grabs a box of noodles before staring at the pot to wait for it to start boiling.
"I called the therapist... the soonest he can get me in is... next week," Ryker lets out a sigh and runs his fingers through his blond locks. "But... Ace..."
"What about him?" she turns to look at her boyfriend, and he looks back at her with a half-smile on his face.
"He seemed... nice," and that was the end of the conversation.

-