I nodded, "Well I knew my mom for about 4 days, then a car accident took both of em."

"Are you ever sad about it?"

"Its like missing something you never had, you dont really know what its like, so you cant miss it." I told him.

"I understand that. My mum was a prostitute, they tell me, and died having me. My dad might be somewhere out there, but he has no idea I exist." He said.

"But yeah, your right, but we arent similar at all, are we?"

"No. No we arent."

I watched him scrub the stained glass, making his skin change colors with the light.

"So you've lived here your entire life?"

"Yeah, probably stay here my whole life too. Become a priest."

I stood and sat on the pew next to where he was cleaning. "You ever leave? Go to town or something."

"Sometimes, usually for volunteering at the kitchens."

It pained my heart, he's so fucking perfect. And Im over here just tainting the air he was in.

"So can I leave?"

"Of course, be back for chores, meals, and church though."

I smirked. "Well can we hurry to the gardens? I would like to go stroll the town."

"Gladly."

We made it to the greenhouse, which was filled with all sorts of plants I know nothing about. He loved it here for some reason, almost as he loved praying. Any moment he wasnt confessing or eating, he was here.

"We have to weed the flowers, and pull of some cuttings to replant." He told me.

I nodded, and walked over to the bushes of bright flora. I started to just yank the weeds, but they kept breaking off and not coming out of the ground.

"You have to grab it at the base," he told me, crouching down and grabbing my hand, leading me to the roots. "Grip the bottom and pull it out."

He caressed my palm as he spoke, pressing my knuckles with his ever frosty hands. I pulled the weed out, the roots following.

"Th-thanks." I told him, cursing myself for getting flustered over him touching my hand. I smirked and leaned into him, making him lose balence and fall into me landing on my lap.

"Hey!" He yelled as he regained his stance. We both laughed, falling over again into each other. I glanced down at him, head laying on my thighs, his cheeks reddened from laughing and the heat. Sweat dripping down his neck to his opened collar. Lips parted in a pant.

'Dont you dare get hard right now Damian.' I told myself. 'Pull it together'

He pulled himself up and continued picking the weeds, while I watched him. His hands were experienced, picking them quickly and putting them in a neat pile.

His hands touched one and he yelped out. "Ow ow ow!" He shook his hand.

"What?" I asked him concerned, grabbing his hand. His finger was bleed slightly, and a thorn was buried into his skin.

"Ugh I cant pull it out!" A tear fell from his eye.

I glanced up at him and pressed his finger to my lips. Gently sucking it until I felt the thorn between my teeth, his blood tasting like old pennies in my mouth.

His cheeks turned red and he stared at the ground, pulling his hand back.

I spat out the thorn and placed a hand on his thigh to comfort him. He pulled away, squirming under me like a bug. I pulled back my hand.