Moving Day☺

Kayla Davis

"Mama where are the rest of those boxes you put away"? I yelled a the top of the steps making sure she heard me.
"Who the hell you yelling at"? She yelled back. "I ain't one of yo lil friends". I came down stairs into the kitchen and asked her again. "Mother will you tell me where you put the rest of the packing boxes"? "They in the garage next to the garage opener". I walked to the garage, grabbed the extra boxes I needed, went back upstairs, and filled them. "That's the last one". I said to myself labeling the boxes with what they had in them.

Devin Davis

I got up realizing today was Kayla's moving day I wasn't sad. I went down the hall into her room to see if she needed any help. I opened the door and seen her on the floor labeling boxes. "Need any help"? I said looking around. "I would use some help putting it in the Uhaul and putting it in the new apartment". "Ight just let me put on some clothes and shoes". I ran back to my room getting ready.
----
----
----
Kayla Davis

"Thanks for helping me move all that stuff". I said walking back to the Uhaul. "You welcome". He said getting in the drivers seat. "What you plan on doing when you leave kayla"? "Imma do whatever I can to make sure I'm straight and my family". "Do you even have a plan"? Devin asked with a serious tone. "I mean yeah, I already have money saved up from years ago for this reason". "Be careful it's not what you think it is out there". Devin said as we came to a red light. "Okay". I said looking outside the window.

45 minutes later

We pulled up back at mama's house so I can say my goodbyes. I opened the door going into the living room because I heard the TV on. "Alright mom I guess it's time for me to leave". I said with tears in my eyes. She turned of the TV and got up from the couch. She gave me a big hug telling my how much she cherished my company. "I got you something to help you settle". She said wiping tears from her face. "What is it". She handed me a big orange envelope with at least 10k in it. "Thank you so much mama for everything". I said putting it to the side hugging her crying. "You're welcome baby, I love you so much be safe". "I love you too". I picked up the money said my goodbyes to my brother got in an uber and left.