She had rang Alyssa last night and the plan was that Roxanne would go home and get changed and then go pick her up at Biba since she had been dragged into work on her day off but finished at three and so after a quick stop at her flat, she's back out into her car and as soon as she turns it on, she sees that again, the tank is almost empty.

"Roger," she hisses. Now she had to stop at the petrol station. There's only one explanation of how he's getting into the flat when she's not there and that is; there must be another key floating about and he must have it.

"Does he use the car," she mutters as she fills it up, "Yes, he does. Does he fill it up? No, no he fucking doesn't."

And if he did, she wouldn't mind. He could take it whenever he wanted.

Roxy arrives at Biba around 3:15, pulling into the first space she sees, climbing out and making a beeline to the shop, they didn't have long before the shops shut and as she enters, she sees Mary behind the counter finishing up a sale.

"Mary," she grins, approaching the register and the blonde looks surprised to see her.

"Roxanne? Didn't Alyssa ring you?"

"No...where is she? Why would she ring me?"

"She's not here. Her parents apparently turned up unannounced this morning before she came in. She said she was going to ring you and tell you not to bother coming for her. She's had to go to lunch with them or something."

Roxanne sighs. When she'd gotten home to the flat, the phone was ringing but she didn't get to it in time but she really wished she had because then she'd have more time to find Freddie's gift.

"She said that she felt really bad..."

She waves a hand, "What can you do? That's fine, I'll just head into town myself unless...you're not finishing anytime soon, are you?"

Mary shakes her head, "No, sorry. I'm here till the end."

Well, it was worth a try.

++|++

It takes her until the stores start to close to find something that was somewhat worthy of belonging to Freddie. He was always writing lyrics down on scraps of paper, which he would always end up losing- and so Roxanne decided to get him a couple of lovely leather-bound notebooks and decent pen. It wasn't anything exciting but she was sure that he would like them.

Shopping always stresses her out and when she parks outside her building, she can't wait to get up to her flat and get changed into her pjs and relax but when she gets to her door, she can hear that the TV is on and the very distinct voice that belongs to her cousin.

You've got to be kidding me.

Upon opening the door, she's a little relieved to see that Brian and John are there too, she honestly thought that he was having a conversation with Casper.

The three of them are so engrossed in watching the TV that they don't even notice that she's home and Roxanne takes great satisfaction in the fact that they all jump when she slams the door shut behind her.

"Jesus Christ," Roger breathes as John gets up from the couch to greet her, "Don't do that."

"Hi," John whispers, kissing her softly, "I didn't know they were here until I tried the buzzer."

"What are you doing here?" she asks, directing her question to the other two, who's attention is back on the TV.

"Our electricity ran out," Roger answers, not looking away from the screen.

"So why didn't you go top it up?"

"Mastermind is on, Nessie."

She rolls her eyes, moving through to her bedroom, smiling at John when he follows.

"What are you doing tonight?"

She hangs the coat on her wardrobe door, "Nothing, why?"

He shrugs, sitting down on the edge of her bed, "We haven't really spent any time together with just the two of us."

She hums, "You're right."

"And I just happened to have booked a table for two at Élémentaire for tonight, at eight," he murmurs, "How would you like to accompany me?"

"Sounds fancy," she grins, "But I would love to have dinner with you, John."

He stands again, somewhat towering over her as he leans down to kiss her softly, "I'll come get you at seven? We'll get a taxi."

"Seven," she echoes, unable to take her eyes from his lips and to her relief, he leans down to give her another kiss before pulling away, "Can't wait."

"I'll see you in a bit," he whispers she nods as he takes his leave, yelling goodbye to the other two before he closes the door behind him.

Casper starts winding around her legs when she comes back through and she picks him up and stands in front of the TV.

"Roxanne, love, could you possibly..." Brian reaches out to grab the bottom of her jumper to move her and she rolls her eyes but sits down, wincing as Casper's paws dig into her chest.

"How was shopping?" Roger asks, "Did you get something? I thought Alyssa would be with you."

"She was-oh, Bismarck!" she yells in answer to one of the questions before looking at him, "She didn't come."

"What?"

Casper headbutts her when she stops scratching under his chin, "She didn't come. Mary said that her parents arrived and she had to go get something to eat with them."

"She didn't tell me her parents were coming." Roger frowns.

"Maybe she's embarrassed by you." Brian snickers, taking a bite of the biscuit she's just noticed he's got.

"Brian!" Roxanne scolds, "No, I'm pretty sure that she didn't know they were coming. Sprung it on her."

"Oh."

They sit in silence for a little bit before her hand is reaching out to smack Roger's leg.

"Hey!"

"Hey yourself," she stands up so she can feed Casper, "You've got a key to my flat, haven't you?"

"Maybe..."

"Don't maybe me, Roger Meddows Taylor. You have and I know that you've been taking my car."

"Shocking, Roger," Brian says, tutting quietly, "Absolutely shocking."

"And I wouldn't mind," Roxanne goes on to say, sitting back down but this time on the arm of Brian's chair, "But you don't fill it up again or give me any petrol money. If you start doing either of those things, I can let it slide but until then,"

Roger looks at the hand she holds out, shaking his head, "'m not giving you the key back."

"Give me it."

"No."

"Roger,"

"You'll never find it."

"It's in your jacket pocket."

He leaps up as she stands again, childishly running for his jacket and he lets out a yell as she jumps on his back, "Roxanne!"

Brian winces when there's a thud, casting a wary glance over his shoulder to see that the two of them are on the floor, Roger's jacket being forgotten and instead of intervening and hauling the younger of the two off of him, he just stands up and turns the volume of the television up so he could hear it over their yelling.

They could sort it out themselves.