Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I was ripped off my sleep by shaking my shoulder and a scream in my ear. Of course, the culprit had been my stepmother, who didn't want it to miss to shout loud in my ear. When I opened my eyes, I saw her angry face. What does she have against me in the morning? This question was answered by stepmother, she chattered, "How many times do I have to repeat myself, stupid goose. Get up and get ready! We have to leave soon, today a limousine will come to pick us up." "Mom, we just have to get ready to get into big hit. Stylists and designers will take care of me and my outfit. I'm supposed to look sexy and pretty on stage at the same time, not that I'm lacking", I heard the voice of Eunbi, who showed herself out of nowhere in my room. I probably didn't hear how she got into my room because my stepmother had to suffer my eardrum.

"Do I have to get louder or are you not only stupid but also deaf?!?", stepmother hissed and pulled my blanket away without listening to my protest. "You can be glad that I still need you ..." she said as she plucked her light blue, tight dress. After that, she looked at me condescendingly from above while I was still lying in my bed, waiting for her to finally get her ass out of my room. For today I will have to endure too much, which I have no desire at all.

She looked around in disgust in my room and crowed, "You have not made a finger to clean the ugly room! You will not leave the house before your room is clean again and if you have to do it, bring the whole house to shin!"

Immediately I jerked my upper body upwards and looked in her direction, while I slapped some strand of hair in the face. "WHAT?!", I exclaimed with wide eyes. Since my hair hid my stepmother's view, I blew it away.

Not that I have a problem getting my "ugly" room, just as stepmom has called it, back on track ... But the whole house? The house is bigger than my parents' house in Busan, where we lived until some time ago. There I always had to do the whole household alone. Stepmother and Eunbi have done nothing!

"WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?", she shouted in my face, let a few drops of saliva from her mouth leave and they landed on my face. Disgusted, I silently wiped my face with my arm. I bowed my head apologetically and apologized to stepmother. Actually, I didn't want to apologize for it, because it was not on purpose. For shouting I mean.

"I don't have time for you all day, so do it very fast. And if I mean fast, then I mean fast and in an hour", she said with a grin and left the room with a nasty laugh. I dropped back with my back and put my right arm over my eyes. "How am I supposed to do everything in such a short time?" I asked with a sigh. I'd better get up right away and get ready for today.

Accord- ing to my plan, I hopped out of my warm blanket and pillow on the spot. The place was so inviting that I didn't want to get up at all and certainly not if you want me to impose something so stupid. So I opened the cupboard, still sleepy, and checked to see if I could put on something that stepmother had not thrown on the floor yesterday. To my astonishment I was not disappointed, because there is a nice dress inside. The dress would just go over my thighs. The color of the dress would greatly appeal to Areum, for it was her favorite color; black. I would wear it as soon as I reluctantly cleaned up the whole house.

As stepmother wanted it, I spent an hour putting the house and my room back in top shape. It worked without any further problems, except for the fact that stepmother and Eunbi sometimes got in my way when I had to clean Eunbis room too. She had entrenched herself in her room to prepare for today. Eunbi had not taken it from me disturb me at work.

After I was finally done with the whole household, I allowed myself a brief hot and refreshing shower. Then I put on my dress and put on the shell necklace, which had given me the old lady in the bus. It does not fit the dress, but I didn't care. One should show such a beautiful necklace, even if it doesn't match the outfit. Hopefully Jin had been there too, because the old lady and had given him one and me, when we met in the bus again. Even today, I wonder how she knew what our names was, even though our name never got over our tongue.

"How long do you need to get ready?", came the voice from below. A shiver came over me, because I had to think of later. "I'm almost done. Give me 5 minutes then I'm finally ready", I hesitantly said, because I didn't know if they would give me time or not. "You have less than 5 minutes left. ALSO MAKE FAST!", Eunbi yelled this time.

With an angry hiss, I started to make-up in the bathroom. I made my makeup look natural, because I didn't like to clap tons of make-up on my face. I lured my hair lightly so that at the end they fell over my shoulder like a waterfall. I look at my result in the mirror and nodded contentedly my reflection, while I had a happy smile on the corner of my mouth.

"To the last fight", I said determinedly to my own reflection.