Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Time flies really fast when you have fun with your work. For once in my live, I liked to work in the morning. In the past, I always had to come here alone in the morning and make everything alone without the knowledge of my colleagues. If they found out, stepmother would have made my live more to hell as it was before for me. No idea, why I wasn't allowed to tell everyone about it. Maybe because I was still a minor.

"Why do they look at me like I've murder their mothers?" I asked Areum, nodding in one direction, unobtrusive of course. In front of us two other young colleagues served the customers with a smile. Every time they saw me, they send me deadly glances. These looks unsettled me a little. I didn't know what I did, that they were looking at me like that way.

The two are pretty and both have black hair. The larger of them has breast-length hair and black eyes, so you can't see her pupils, her name is Mika. The smaller one is a bit cubby, but she is very pretty with her shoulder-length purple hair, and she also has a nose piercing. In her tab is the name Suri on it.

Areum followed my eyes and said, "Honestly, I don't know what they have against you. To me and to everyone else they are really nice. I've known them for more than half a year." "When I introduced myself to them when they came, their facial expressions changed instantly. Whenever I tried to start a conversation with them, they simply avoided me."

Dejected, I made my way to the back room, because I could use a short break. Before that, I gave Areum a brief notice, so she doesn't need to worry. I don't want the many customers to expect her, as it is nearly noon and the people are almost rushing in here. In the back room I dropped onto one of the chairs and rummaged in my pants pocket, which I put around the chair. The first thing I did was ask Jin about buscuits well-being. To my astonishment, an answer came back immediately, he wrote: biscuit is fine, very good even. He made everyone laugh, except for Namjoon, who bit the biscuit in the butt. Hahaha, you should have seen it. Biscuit has not stuck, but rather playful. Namjoon did not blame him after he examined his ass and found no trace.

Because of his SMS, I had to suppress a hearty laugh, otherwise I would laugh so much that I'm lying on the floor, full of tears. I wrote back to him directly: I hope it has not happened anything serious. I am really sorry!

I apologized for biscuits behavior to Jin. Before I wanted to put my phone away, I remembered something that I had almost already forgotten to ask Jin yesterday. I wrote to him: yesterday I forgot my bag. To you have still have it?

He answered immediately: So you miss your bag, haha. I have it in the car. If you come here you can have it back.

He sent me an address and wrote: Our dom.

After that, I put the phone back and continued with my work.

The day came slowly to an end. The customers became fewer and fewer until only a handful of them were there. These really kept us on our toes, because this time we were little kids, who celebrated one of them his birthday. "What do you want to have for your birthday?" I asked the child with a friendly smile. The birthday boy is a boy who looks very cute. He has black hair and eyes, and has a tooth gap that makes him look sweeter. His parents returned my smile and made the orders for the children, before that they asked the children about it. "What am I allowed to bring you," I asked gently after I wrote down the wishes of the children on the notebook. "We would like two cups of coffee, a piece of beehive and strawberry cake piece," the woman made an order. I nodded it down and said, "Please be patient."

Then I apologized and went to the next customer, whom I served immediately. When I was back behind the counter, my work colleagues looked at me funny. "What did I do this time?" I sighed as they continued to look at me silently. "We are very sorry" it suddenly came from one of the two. "What? What are you sorry for? "I asked, not sure if they meant it or not. I definitely took it very seriously. "We are sorry that we ignored you and looked at you badly. When we first met your mother a week ago, she looked at us so condescendingly and directly in the face like the way we were just filth under her feet ... So we thought you were the same" said the taller of the two. "Why didn't you just talk to me about it?" I hacked, because I want to know the reason. "Besides, she's just my stepmother," I interjected to clarify how I stand with the woman.

They shrugged. Mika suggested, "How about we make it up by coming to see you tonight and having a movie night? A girl's night, only four of us. We can get to know each other better." "What do you to it? "Suri wanted to know, who nodded at every word what her friend said. "I'm in" Areum's voice came behind us, who had previously served a customer. Her sudden appearance gave me the fright of the year. The other two saw Areum before I did, because they had laughed about me.

"Aish! Areum!" I grumbled growling. I didn't like being scared at all. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she apologized with a smile. I returned her smile and waved it off with my hand. I can't be mad at my friend. "It's ok," it came over my mouth. Mika and Suri stopped laughing.

Shortly after the last customer left we said goodbye to our other colleagues who work in the kitchen and bakery. It was time for them to go, unfortunately not for us! I can't complain about it now because the girls need my help with cleaning up. With common forces, we managed everything much faster than Areum and I did today.

"When are we going to do the movie night?" I asked, because I need to know so I can sneak out of the house without my stepfamily knowing about it. I would have to come up with a very good apology, otherwise they would not let me go. One of the reason can be that they don't want me to have fun. "Tomorrow evening would be a good time," said Suri, who spoke the least of us. "Okay, well, I'll finish earlier today. I still have something to do" I revealed, which is why I have changed my clothes and they have bombarded me with questions. "I have to pick up my dog ​​and bag that I left with a friend" I told her. "A friend, huh? I thought rather YOUR boyfriend" it can't come out of her. Areum wiggled her eyebrows, which made me glace to her. "Get out before we change our mind," Mika said grinning, wiping across the floor and swinging dangerously with the mob.