Chapter 25

Chapter 25

When they pulled my father in, a fire of rage kindled in me. My tears were sealed on the spot. My teeth crunched loudly as I pressed my jaw together and glared at her angrily. With raised index finger pointed in her direction I yelled. "My dad has always tried to give you a nice and enjoyable life, but it was never enough for you. Because of you he's been in the gambling addiction, YOUR WITCH!" No one, no one pulls my father in the dirt and certainly not They!

"ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU WITCHES HE IS DEAD! YOU HAVE DRIVEN HIM WITH YOUR GREED FOR MORE IN THE DEAD, "I shrieked out loud my opponent in their face. They just don't deserve anything else. Why should such people be happy, who enjoy the pain of others.

Suddenly my face was shot in the side, as a hand had made painfully contact with my cheek. "W-what?", I breathed with tears into the corner of my eye. There were tears of sudden pain. Automatically I put my cool, but still burning hand on my cheek. With the cool hand, I tried to relieve my pain.

"Never dare to say that again in my presence, or I'll completely forget myself!" She warned me with a hiss. I could clearly hear a threatening undertone. A cool wind whistled uncannily around my ears. "EOMMA!", Her daughter gasped in horror at her actions. She had never seen her mother's violent side before. Eunbi took a step toward her mother, put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and said, "Just leave her alone. Soon she will be out of the screen anyway and will only have a "normal" life."

As she talked to her mother, I took the chance to step back. I didn't the desire to feel her hand again. I also want to start looking for biscuits. I won't let my best and long-term friend alone. I'm not like them

As long as they are distracted, I took a few steps backwards. I always keep an eye on them, if necessary, I would run away. I don't know how fast they are and if they could catch me. That's why I want to make it as unobtrusive as possible. Besides, Iuck was on my side. It is dark so there is a higher success.

I took a deep breath and slipped away. My heart pounded in my throat and I could hear my blood rushing in my ear. I listened carefully to every sound. Besides, I have to take care of every step not that would step on something without purpose and make a sound. Who knows that in the short time they will notice something and call after me. - In no case this should happen!

Far away from their hearing, I started calling for my dog. "Biscuit, where are you? Come back! "I called over and over again. The more time passed the deeper my hope of finding him sank. He has never run away before, never mind he has never heard my calls for him. Slowly I find myself crying again. Sobbing, I continued to call for my pet. When I looked at the clock of my cell phone, I already saw that it was after midnight and the full moon shone in its splendor and the stars shone beautiful like diamonds. You don't have such a sight every day. But I can't be happy about that right now...

After spending more time calling for biscuit, my cell phone suddenly rang. While sniffing I fished out my phone and saw that I was called by Areum. Immediately I took her call and began to cry slightly again.

After several try, I found my voice again. I tried to describe my situation to her in a shaky voice "A-Areum, biscuit ran away, now I can't find him anymore. What am I supposed to do now?" I skipped the part with Eunbi and Stepmother because I just wanted to avoid more stress.

"YAH!" she interrupted me suddenly. "Stop crying and pull yourself together!"

I could hear a rustle on the other side. Someone spoke to her, but I didn't know who, because he spoke too quiet for me.

"Who's with you?" I asked her slightly stuttering, because I was still looking for my firm voice. At the moment it seems to me that it is going to holiday in a very warm area and chilling in the sun. "Um ... it's just Suri and Mika here?" For me it sounded more like a question. "But no matter now ... you can come right here, biscuit came running after work to us and we took him to Suri and Mika. We also tried to call you a thousand times, but you didn't even answer. We were so worried ... Besides, J- "she said but didn't finish her sentence.

With relief, I collapsed on my knee and a tear landed on my thigh. "Thank goodness" I finally breathed with a smile on my face, even though it is a weak one.

Before Areum could finish, the smartphone was ripped from her hands and Mika's voice sounded through it. "Did Areum send you our address today at work?" She asked me in a calm voice. "Y-yes," I stuttered after swallowing. "I'm on my way," I said into the phone and closed my eyes for a few seconds. A huge stone fell from my heart when I was told that nothing had happened to biscuit and he is safe hands.

"We'll wait for you" Areum screamed farther away, and I even heard biscuits barking in the background, then they hung up. I plugged my phone back in.

"Before I go to cookie, I have something important to do," I said to myself. My hands automatically clenched into fists after I made a plan. "I'll show Eunbi and Stepmother what it means to mess with me."