Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Welcome back," I muttered softly to myself as we entered the nearly empty house fast. I sat down on the stairs tired. While I took off my shoes with one hand, I released biscuit from his prison with the other hand. He sat happily on the ground and waved his bushy dog's tail.

"Well, my faithful friend, are you looking forward to our new life in Seoul? I am not. Because I was born and grew up here in Busan" I complained to biscuit as I patted him behind his right ear. "I prefer to do as much as possible today, so I have less to do tomorrow."

"Where is our dinner, (Y/N)?" I heard Eunbi yell from above.

Because of her I rolled my eyes. I climbed stairs with the few steps up. "I'm already there!" I called back and went into the kitchen. There I quickly tied a cooking apron over my waist, clapped my hands and asked myself "What can I cook for dinner today?" With one step I was already in front of the fridge and opened it to see what products and ingredients I have. Then I checked out in the kitchen cabinet. I put my index finger under my chin and looked out the window. "Today I would like to cook something other than Korean dishes. Hm ... how about spaghetti?" I said thoughtfully.

"Yes, I think I'll do it," I decided. After clarifying what I would like to prepare today, I started cooking the chosen dish. I hummed while cooking. From time to time biscute looked pleadingly at me with his dog eyes, if I would give him something. Of course, I gave him something, but I had to be careful that I'm not go caught by Eunbi or stepmother. Otherwise I would get huge trouble and I would get a punishment.

After about an hour I was done and called Eunbi and stepmother, who came right after and complained why I took so long. I sat down quietly and began to eat. "Where have you been so long?" Eunbi wanted to know curiously. I silently looked at her for a moment and replied "I was in the park with biscuit and spent the the evening there." What I said is true, but I won't tell her about Jin. She don't have to know everything I do or don't.

"Don't be late for your last day in the café tomorrow," Step-Mother said, shoving spaghetti into her mouth. "Besides, you will be working in Seoul in a cafe that I bought." She doesn't pay me any attention when she said that. Eunbi couldn't hide a satisfied grin.

"I thought I could look for a job myself. Or even visit a university you never let me to visit! "I said in a startled voice. My voice grew louder and louder. I couldn't believe that even though we're moving, she still wants to spark into my life. I'd like to jump at her and scratch her eyes out. But I could never do that, no matter how much I dislike her. My dead parents would never want that.

"Are you yelling at me, you bitch?" She screamed at me. Her face had taken a red tone and her veins on her neck stood out, which made her scarier. "Didn't I put a roof over your head, food and clothes for you?"

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't want to yell at you," I apologized, stuttered while talking and lowered my eyes. I'm slightly bowed with my upper body in her direction.

"Yes, yes," I agreed shortly to her last sentence. The money I've worked for, you and Eunbi throw out of the window, which I would like to have thrown at her head. However, I am too scared and my self-confidence is not the greatest, that's why I hide behind a mask.

I placed the cutlery next to the plateand got up because I lost my appetite because they always play a scene when we eat together. That's why I prefer to eat in my room, with biscuit of course. Or outside I can enjoy while eating. At least I have my peace in these places before their insults.

I bowed and said "I'm going to my room." After that, I disappeared too, but I could still hear Eunbi yelling something, that is something like "You'll clean everything away when Eomma and I finish eating." "Yeah" I mumbled softly, shaking my head regretfully. If only I had enough money, I would find my own flat and wouldn't stand them anymore.

With drooping shoulders, I climbed the first few stairs, where I met biscuit. Now he runs next to me. I arrived in front of my room, I stopped for a short time. My last day in this room, in this house ... in Busan, my hometown. "It can't get any worse," I said to myself, opening the door. Immediately afterwards biscuit burst in and sat down on the floor in front of my bed.

"Well, my little one?" I murmured and went to my bed, but I didn't instead I sat down next to him. I gently stroked biscuits over his head and thought about many things, including my future. With these thoughts I became sadder and sadder. A sob left my mouth. Biscuit snuggled up to me whining and looked at me with his faithful eyes. Tears flowed down my (E/C) eyes, like a waterfall. My faithful friend licked tears from my face and then cuddled even more to me.

"I will miss it here" I said as I noticed his questioning look. When I finished crying, I went to bed and thought about today. A smile crept onto my lips. There was one good thing today ... I met Jin. Finally, I fell asleep with the thoughts of him.