Chapter 26 - Shooting

The alarm wakes Dart the next morning and he turns it off, turning over to the woman next to him. She is laying on her side and she's wide awake, her eyes roaming over his body. "Good morning handsome." 

He stares at her and says: "Morning sexy." She smiles and he can see in her eyes where her mind went. And the day just started. He sits up and stretches his arms out to the ceiling. Jo openly admires his upper body and smiles. He looks at her and mumbles: "She is going to be the death of me someday." 

She laughs and gets up to walk out of the bedroom, towards the shower. She feels good today, like herself again. The overwhelming tiredness seems to be gone, she showers, singing softly. When she gets out of the shower, she sees Dart leaning against the wall with his legs crossed and sipping from a cup of coffee. 

He says: "That was a nice little concert to go with my coffee, nice to see that your mouth is good at some other things too. And the view from over here is excellent."

Jo laughs and says: "You keep trying to make me behave and then you say something like that." She dries herself off and wraps a towel around herself, looking for the brush. 

He walks up to her with the brush in his hand and starts brushing her hair, looking at her through the mirror. The second she meets his eyes, he mouths 'I love you' to her. She mouths back to him: 'I love you too.' He braids her hair and she thanks him with a warm smile. He gets in the shower and Jo walks over to the kitchen to pour some coffee for herself.

They are in the van on their way to their interviews and photoshoots. Jo sings along with the radio happily and Dart smiles as he drives. When they arrive at the building, Jo starts to become nervous. Dart parks the van and turns to her and pulls on her braid. "You know you have nothing to worry about, right? You're gorgeous with an amazing personality, they are going to love you. Besides, Dirk is there." 

Jo takes a deep breath and fidgets with her necklace. "I know... but... Never mind, I'll be fine."

Dart lifts her chin up and looks into her eyes. "Tell me. What has gotten you so nervous?" He waits for her to answer, still holding her chin in his hand. 

She looks back at him and says: "You won't be there. It just feels weird. But I am going to be okay." He sees the change in her eyes and knows she has found her strength again. He brushes his lips over hers and winks at her, before stepping out of the van. 

They get into the elevator and push the buttons of the floors they need to get out on, while holding each other's hand tightly. Dart needs to get off two levels before Jo and kisses her, before he steps out and turns around to face her. Right before the doors close he says: "Show them why I love you."

Jo reaches her floor and as the doors open she sees Dirk, standing there with a warm smile. He spreads his arms and Jo steps into them for a hug. "Hi Dirk, thanks for greeting me here." 

Dirk says: "Of course. I want to spend as much time as I can with my muse. I can't wait to see you through my camera again. Come on, I will introduce you to everybody." He walks her over to a dressing room with her name on it and opens the door saying: "The star of the day has finally arrived. Everybody, this is Jo." 

Jo shakes hands with Zack, the make-up artist, Freya, the hairdresser and Nora, the stylist. They are really nice and give her the feeling that she has nothing to worry about. Dirk walks out, waves at her and says her he will see her in a bit. Jo sits down in the chair and Zack works on her make-up, while Freya does her hair. 

When they are done, she looks at herself in the mirror and her jaw drops. The top half of her hair is in a braid, keeping the hair out of her face, but the bottom half is wild and curly. And Zack did such an amazing job that she can't believe it's her own reflection. She thanks them both with a warm smile and walks towards Nora to see the outfits she will be wearing.