015

later that week

kian and i laid across pool floats drifting with the wind. i soaked in the sun trying to deepen my tan relaxing more and more as the time went on. i could feel the pool water splash on my stomach making my lift my head up from the float to look at kian.

"bitchass" i splashed him back making him jump into the pool and swim over to my float.

"no no kian seriously" i begged him to not flip my float as he approached with a devious look.

"fine but you need to tell me what's up" kian reaches my float and put his arms crossed over my legs resting his head on his hands looking up at me.

"what do you mean?" i asked him pretending like i didn't know.

"seriously, your acting totally different this week" kian raised his eyebrows at me "is it zion, did he do something?" kians tone got more and more protective.

"no, no zion didn't do anything. it's me" i paused and thought back to the last time we hung out which was when we got olive garden "i don't deserve him"

"why do you think that?"

"because i'm finally happy, or on my way to be happy and it just doesnt make any sense. look at my track record, breakup, breakup, disaster, breakup, nuclear bomb!" i raised my voice as i went on.

"are you seriously telling me that you don't think that you should be happy?"

"it's not that it just doesn't make sense, if my life has showed me anything it's that i'm destined to be alone and miserable" i shrugged.

"asia, you are the most beautiful girl i have ever seen you beat any runway model. you have the goofiest personality but at the same time your restrained and put together. you are the hardest worker i know and most importantly you deserve the fucking world. like i'm talking about the galaxy, the universe. the only thing that is stopping you from being happy is yourself and you need to change that or i'll change it for you" kian lectured me, but he was right. i was the only one stopping myself from being happy.

"now all the cheesy shit aside why don't you have a girlfriend, any girl would be lucky to have you" i pulled him into a hug.

"waiting for the right one" he replied pulling out of the hug. his arms snuck to under the float i was on flipping it over causing me to go flying underwater along with my seltzer.

"i'm going to kill you!" i yelled as i resurfaced and pushed the face out of my face.

zions pov:

"still no text?" nick plopped down on zions bed behind zion who was sitting at his desk.

"no should i be worried?" zion turned around in his seat to look at nick.

"why don't you just text her, y'all are practically dating already" nick didn't look up from his phone as he said this to zion. this sparked thoughts in zions mind, why don't i text her?

"i mean-" zions sentence was cut off by a buzzing from his phone. he pushed the phone up from his pocket and twirled it around and unlocked it with his face. his finger hovered over the message app before another notification appeared at the top of his screen.

asia 🍞
i message
tap to view

asia 🍞
i could really use a shameless marathon rn, thoughts?

a smile crept into zions face at the thought of being able to fall asleep with asia while watching their show.

zion ❌🧢
you bringing the snacks or should i?

asia 🍞
i'm the only snack in my house atm
eww that was gross i apologize
but you need to bring food with you

zion ❌🧢
i wasn't going to say anything but i cringed reading that

asia 🍞
i guess being awkward and cringe is just our thing

zion ❌🧢
apparently
i'm omw, what you want?

asia 🍞
preferably popeyes but what ever is on your way

zion ❌🧢
damn i thought you said a snack not a whole damn meal

asia 🍞
shut your bitch ass up girl gotta eat

zion ❌🧢
🤐