004

zion
it's zion, what are you doing this week?

asia read the message from her phone and rushed out to her kitchen to see kian.

"kian what the-" asia screamed until she realized kian left "hell did you do" asia continued in a hush voice reading the text over and over again. she bit her lip trying to hold back her smile but it didn't work.

asia
my schedule is clear for this week

zion
how about friday at 7 i'll pick you up

asia
sounds great

zion wasn't asia's usual type, but in a way that drew asia to him and made her curious about what the outcome could be. if you looked at all all asia's ex's they were all medium height, white, brown hair, blue eyes, forward douche bags (with the exception of two) but now she finds herself going on a date with a tall, light skin, blond hair, brown eyes; despite the fact that zion was a completely different species to her by no means did that mean that asia wasn't excited for her date.

kian laid on her bed watching his best friend get ready for the date he liked to take credit for setting up. asia swooped the chapstick over her lips, wiping the corners of her lips finishing her look.

"how do i look?" asia asked kian and closed her eyes allowing him to see the light eyeshadow she wore with barley any face makeup, the way she liked it.

"gross" kian joked and pushed her face away from him "kidding, beautiful as always"

"i know" asia joked and winked at kian as she began to pick out her outfit. she wasn't sure where zion was taking her so she just assumed to dress casually. asia held up a red printed wrap dress that she had gotten sent to her in pr and showed it to kian. kian nodded at the dress and asia went to the bathroom to change into it. the dress fit pretty well which asia was surprised about. she walked out of the bathroom and put on necklaces and earring completing the look.

"what shoes?" asia asked turning around from her mirror.

"these" kian held up a pair that he must of picked out when asia was in the bathroom.

"ooouuu" she grabbed the shoes from kian and sat down next to him putting them on, and braced her self for what was to come.

"ok" kian started, there it was, "if he makes you uncomfortable in any way text me and i'll show up and take you home" kian looked at his best friend sincerely.

"thank you, i know if anything goes wrong i won't hesitate to call ok?" asia reassured her friend and he nodded. ding ding. asia looked down at her phone.

zion
i'm here

asia
omw

kian and asia said their last goodbyes before she exited her house. her heels made a rhythmic sound as they hit the pavement as she walked to zions car. before she reached the car he got out and greeted her  and opened the door for her. he hopped back in the car and drove to the movie theater zion planned on taking her.

i sat in the car as zion drove, he was a good driver. you might be thinking that's all i have to say, yes it is because this is the quietest car ride i have ever been in.

"so where are we going?" asia asked zion trying to break the awkward silence.

"the movies, there a few good ones playing so we can choose when we get there if that's good with you"

"yeah sounds great" asia lied.

your kidding the movies, not that i don't like them but you don't talk during a movie. how the hell am i supposed to get to know the kid if we are sitting in a place that if we talk we will get shushed. this will be interesting.

zion pulled up to the movie theater and they both got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. once again not much was said leaving asia to feel awkward for the 100th time tonight and the date only started 15 minutes ago.

"what movie do you want to see?" zion asked asia as they stood in line waiting to get tickets. asia scanned the movies that were playing at the time they were there and the only relatively good option was happy death day 2.

"happy death day 2" i replied and he nodded, i have not idea what this movie is nor have i seen the first one. we walked into the theater, zion held our popcorns and i held our drinks. i tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to two seats at the very top of the theater and he nodded. we walked up to our seats and watched the ads roll before the movie. i looked over at zion to see him staring at the screen eating his popcorn, this is so much fun.

"have you heard anything about this movie?" i asked zion.

"no have you?" he asked me.

"i think my friend scarlett said it was good" i said and he nodded and went back to watching the screen.

after the movie

"did you like it?" zion asked me as we walked down the steps to the parking lot.

"yeah it was alright, kinda confusing tho" i said and he agreed.

"yeah, maybe if i saw the first one it would've made more sense" he laughed showing his beautiful smile.

"yeah same" i laughed back and we got in the car. i was secretly hoping that he would of said, 'hey let's get ice cream' or 'wanna chill at my place?' but nope. he pulled up in my driveway and opened my door for me, which i thanked him for.

"thank you" i smiled at him and gave him a friendly hug.

"yeah, um so i'll text you?" he rubbed his neck nervously and looked down at me.

"yeah" i nodded and smiled and walked to the door. before i entered my house all the way i looked back to see him pulling away, maybe it was just his nerves? i turned back and closed the door.

"ASIA!" a tipsy scarlett appeared in front of me holding a bottle of wine.

"your in my house!" i said surprised to see her because we didn't have plans of hanging.

"yeah kian invited me over" she pointed to the kitchen and then pulled me with her to see kian sipping wine out of a glass, trying to look sophisticated.

"give me that" i pulled the bottle out of scarlett's hand and drank out of it.

"that bad?" they both asked in sync as i sat on a barstool and took my heels off with one hand, still holding he bottle in the other. once i got my shoes off i stood up making sure to grab the bottle and plopped down on the couch, "it wasn't baddd, but it was just so awkward" i groaned.

"awkward scale, like just meeting someone or talking to your ex that fucked your best friend kinda awkward?" kian asked me.

"the ex" i took another sip while they sucked their teeth "it's just like we went to a movie on the first date, we couldn't even talk and then on the way there and back we barley talked." kian and scarlett looked at each other and started laughing out loud.

"guys stoppppp, it was terrible" i buried my head into a pillow placing the bottle in the floor.

"this sucks"