𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 17: 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲?

Harry's POV

I silently walked to the library, sighing of relief as I finally sat down. I saw Draco with his other two best friends that were in Ravenclaw. I tried my best to pay attention to the book I was reading, but I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation.

I attempted to read three sentences until I heard Pansy whisper.

"Is it true you got a boner while he spoke Parseltounge?"

I hid my face with my book to cover up my red face.

"Pansy!" Draco hissed, turning his head around, almost looking at me but missed.

Blaise chuckled again as Pansy shook her head and continued reading her book.

"Harry Potter."

My ears perked up as I heard my name. I turned around and saw Justin Finch-Fletchley.

"You think?"

"Of course," he said. "Potter has to be the heir of Slytherin."

"But he's not even in Slytherin," someone said gullibly.

"But, look, he can speak Parseltounge. Slytherin's mascot isn't a snake for no reason."

"You're right."

"And remember," a random Ravenclaw boy said, "the Chamber of Secrets is used to take away muggles, as well as Muggleborns. Justin let it slip to Harry that he was a Muggleborn."

"It all makes sense, but Harry is so nice," a Hufflepuff girl said.

"We don't know that for sure," Justin said.

I sighed heavily and walked out of the library. Of course people thin I'm the Heir of Slytherin.

I brush my hand through my hair. Is there anyone who would believe me? Of course, Hermione and Ron do, and Draco-

Draco.

Does he believe me?

I decided to ask him at dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down next to Draco. Hermione seemed to be thinking about something while Ron was stuffing his face like he hasn't eaten in days. Draco smiled as I sat.

"Hey." He said.

"Sup," I hissed in Parseltounge. Draco's eyes immediately go wide as he places his hand on his lap. I grab his arm and raised one of my eyebrows. He gulps.

"You overheard Pansy, didn't you?" He whispered.

"Yes," I said in my normal voice and smirked.

Draco turned away, muttering something like "that stupid idiot" while I started eating. Draco caught me one day, of me staring at my food. He asked me why I wasn't eating lately so I had to reassure him.

As I finished (almost), everyone started getting up as Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the line of other Gryffindors.

I guess I'll ask him tonight, I said in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco was currently playing with his fingers while his head was leaning against my shoulder, his blonde hair tickling my chin. I took a deep breath.

"Draco, do you believe that I'm not the Heir of Slytherin?" I asked.

He stopped playing with his fingers and said "Of course, why would I be helping you research the Chamber of Secrets?"

"Draco, look at me," I told him. He sat up and stared at me with his gray eyes. They were beautiful, of course, but they had some hidden emotion in them that I couldn't put my finger on. It was like he was wearing a mask. But his eyes also held something else. Trust.

I just smiled and nodded. He patted my shoulder and walked to his bed as I covered myself in my warm scarlet blankets and fell asleep.

What do you guys think of this story so far?? Please let me know ❤️❤️