𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 7 : 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝗺. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁.

(I suck at titles XD)

Draco's POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud snore. I quickly sit up and try to brush my hair back with my fingers, but immediately regret it as my arm stung.

"AH!" I yell. The person next to me wakes up.

"Draco?" The black-haired boy sat next to me. Harry. "Thank god you're alive."

I scoff. He stares at me. "What?"

"Why are you here?" I ask him.

"I-I'm the one that saw you on the ground," Harry mumbled, fidgeting with his fingers.

I roll my eyes. He sighs. I remembered running away from Harry, tears blurring my sight, and how my arm burned like-

My arm.

Shit.

I was about to roll up my sleeve until I stopped and looked at Harry. Should I tell him?

No. He would think I'm a freak and like me less.

I let go of my sleeve. "How long has it been?"

"A day," Harry replies.

I rub my forehead. Madam Pomfrey walks in, looking at me sympathetically. She waves at Harry, dismissing him to go to class.

As Harry walks away slowly, Madam Pomfrey turns to me.

"Does he know?" She asks.

I shake my head. She sighs.

"Good. But the bad news is.."

I roll up my sleeves. There were the three hearts, but one of them was broken and bleeding.

"Already?" I frowned.

Madam Pomfrey exhales. "You must be more cautious, Mr. Malfoy."

I nod. "What will my parents say about this?"

"It is better to tell them," Pomfrey says, dabbing the bleeding heart with a potion, "and they will be disappointed, but who would not be when their son is 2 hearts away from dying?"

I lay my head back against the pillow. "So much for a first day here."

"Hush, child," Madam said, patting my head and walking away. "Now get some rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry's POV

I walk to Potions quickly, my mind rushing.

Why did Draco hesitate when he was about to pull up his sleeve? Was it because of a scar or something?

I shake my head and open the door. I quickly sit down next to Hermione. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Where have you been?!" She whisper-shouted.

"Checking on Draco," I whisper back.

She rolls her eyes again.

"Mr. Potter." a voice calls from the front of the classroom.

I look up and see the greasy-haired teacher I saw two nights ago. His name was Professor Snape. He sneered at me.

"Can you explain why you are late?"

I gulped. "I was checking on a friend, sir."

"Mr. Malfoy does not need company at the time, he is completely fine," the Professor said, turning around to walk to his desk. "10 points from Gryffindor."

I sigh. Could this day get any worse?