𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 16: 𝗥𝘂𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘀

Draco's POV

"You're okay," I said.

What the hell? What was that supposed to mean?!

Harry looked at me in confusion but immediately shook his head and smiled at me with his gorgeous smile. I cringed inwardly, not at him, but at myself for thinking Harry Potter could fall for me.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before I awkwardly cleared my throat and patted his head delicately. "Try to get some sleep."

Harry nodded as I speed walked to my bed and dared one last glance at him before closing the curtains around my bed.

My eyes drilled into the ceiling. I'm a very stupid person, I thought as I slowly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat down next to my other best friends, Pansy and Blaise, as I entered the library. Pansy smiled and Blaise simply nodded in my direction, softly flipping another page from the book he was reading.

"Hello," I said, grabbing a book from my bag and opening it. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I were researching about the Chamber of Secrets, ever since Professor Binns shared a story about it during History of Magic.

"I-uh-well-I-" Pansy stuttered as Blaise smoothly interrupted her.

"Pansy has an interest in a specific Ravenclaw," He says. I raise an eyebrow at Pansy, who was blushing very hard.

"Who is the boy?" I asked.

"I..uh-" Pansy was once again interrupted by Blaise.

"It's not a boy, you dimwit." He said.

"Merlin's sake, Blaise, I was going to tell him!" Pansy said.

Blaise shrugged. "I'm just trying to help."

I laughed at Blaise's 'help' and turned to Pansy.

"And when did you figure this out?" I asked, smirking at the Ravenclaw girl.

*PANSY AND BLAISE ARE IN RAVENCLAW IN THIS*

Pansy scrunched her nose. "Ever since first year, I thought you would've noticed."

"I've been too busy," I replied. Blaise snorted and looked at me with a sarcastic look. "What?"

"Busy with that Potter, of course." He chuckled.

"Oh shut up." I smacked his shoulder.

"Is it true you got a boner while he spoke Parseltounge?" Pansy said, trying very hard not to laugh loudly.

"Pansy!" I hissed, looking around making sure no one heard us.

Blaise chuckled again as Pansy shook her head and continued reading her book.

"Harry Potter."

My ears perked up as I heard his name. I turned around and saw the same exact Hufflepuff boy from yesterday.

"You think?"

"Of course," he said. "Potter has to be the heir of Slytherin."

"But he's not even in Slytherin," someone said gullibly.

"But, look, he can speak Parseltounge. Slytherin's mascot isn't a snake for no reason."

"You're right."

"And remember," a random Ravenclaw boy said, "the Chamber of Secrets is used to take away muggles, as well as Muggleborns. Justin let it slip to Harry that he was a Muggleborn."

"It all makes sense, but Harry is so nice," a Hufflepuff girl said.

"We don't know that for sure," Justin said.

I felt anger swell up inside me. Harry can't be the heir of Slytherin! He's best friends with Hermione!

Then I looked back at Harry and Hermione's relationship as friends. They did get along well but something was always wrong with the two of them.

Could he possibly be-?

No.

I pushed those thoughts into the trash and continued reading. He can't be the Heir of Slytherin. I'm positive.