Ch.8: Truth

Tommorow will be the start of the Wave and Y/N decided to train and practice with his current skills and a couple new skills. Y/N is out in the Extremely large backyard of his new home, Yuki is on the back porch with Lucy napping on it. She's currently watching Y/N swinging his Greatsword around while reading a small book she found. Y/N used one of his new skills (Vine Whip) into a combo attack, he also did another one but his sword was on fire (Hell Blade). As he finished his combos Yuki clapped for him.

Yuki: "That was Awesome Papa!"

Y/N: "Thank you Yuki."

Y/N examines his sword while tilting his head sideways.

Yuki: "Something wrong papa?"

Y/N: "No, nothings wrong sweetie. Just still kinda taking all this in. The second wave will be here first. But for me and the other Heros, it'll be our first."

Yuki closed a book she was trying to read and she looked back at her Papa who's just staring at the sky pondering. She decides to walk over to him and ask him something he was going to tell her.

Yuki: "Papa?"

Y/N: "*looks down at her* Yeah sweetie?"

Yuki: "You forgot to tell me something that promised the other day. Why was the name Berserker making you angry?"

Y/N: "Oh.... umm. It's kinda hard to explain, let's go ahead and sit down for this one."

Y/N motioned with his hand for Yuki to sit at a chair while he sat next to a napping Lucy. While he sat down he scratched the top of her head and she made a happy growl and her tail wagged.

Yuki: "So why does the name Berserker make you angry?"

Y/N: "Well Yuki, do you know of the stories about the Four Cardinal Heros?"

Yuki: "Yeah, everyone knows about them. If I remember right, it's the Sword, the Spear, Bow, and the Shield. I remember hearing about the Shield hero is always nice to Demi Humans."

Y/N: "Well your all round correct, but did you know there was a fifth Hero."

Yuki: "Wait, there is? I remember hearing stories about that there's only four."

Y/N: "Well it's the truth. Did you know all the Royals tried to get rid of him, they destroyed every piece of evidence, stories, paintings, everything about this Hero. They wanted him out because he was too powerful to control, they maybe be able to influence the other four, but not the fifth. This hero is strong but *taps head* but he's smart."

Yuki: "So what weapon what this fifth Hero named after?"

Y/N: "He wasn't named after a weapon. *Inhales* He was named: The Berserker Hero."

Yuki was kind of able to piece some of it together. But she was still confused.

Yuki: "I still don't understand."

Y/N: "Yuki....... it's hard for me to say this but,... I am the Berserker Hero."

Yuki's eyes widened and he can tell she was extremely surprised.

Yuki: "Is that why you were angry, because of your hero title."

Y/N: "Yes. When I came here, the King of Melromark already dispised me. He tried to chain me up like an animal he thinks I am..."

Yuki: "Your no animal!! *Smiles* Your my papa. I seen how kind and nice you are, I know when you have to fight someone you have to... kill... them."

Y/N: "And that is the one I don't like doing Infront of you. I don't like to show you my true nature. *Tears up* It terrifies me that give into my Berserkers rage, I'm afraid that if you become terrified of me, you leave... me."

Yuki jumped off her chair, sat in his and lap layed her head on his chest.

Yuki: "No, I'm here to stay, no matter what I love you Papa."

Y/N patted her head and kissed the top of her head.

Y/N: "You know your the greatest thing in my life."

Yuki looks up at him and smiles. Even Lucy wanted in, she puts her head on Y/N's left shoulder and does a groan.

Y/N: "Yeah you too Lucy hehehe."

Y/N rubs her head and she does a happy growl. As an hour passed by of Y/N and Yuki talking Y/N knew it was getting late, he trained all of the day away so he wasn't able to to grab some stuff for the house. Sesshomaru was able to get beds for them yesterday so atleast they can sleep in good beds.

Y/N: "Hey Yuki, we should head to bed it's getting late. Sorry I trained most of the day away."

Yuki: "It's ok, you need to train for the wave tommorow. Please be safe papa."

Y/N: "Don't worry sweetie, this Berserker *tickles her* isn't going down without a fight hehehe."

For Y/N her laughter is the greatest thing for him to hear. He picks her up and he decides to put her to bed so she can sleep. Lucy decided to stay on the back porch because she was comfortable where she was.

----------------------TimeSkip---------------------

It was midnight and now Y/N is in his extremely large bed for his height, now he is able to take off his armour on his arms, shoulders. Atleast now he can sleep a bit comfortably, because sleeping in full plated armour is extremely agonizing to sleep in. While he was sleeping he heard his door creaked open so he slowly looked and he saw Yuki in her sleeping shirt and a handmade Knight plushie he found yesterday for her, Rin even gave her a bit of paint and she colored in the eyes red like her Papa. She named him Swol the Angry Mini Knight. She may be in the body of a 17 year old body but her mind is still set as a child.

Yuki: "Hey papa?"

Y/N: "*Leans up* yeah what is it sweetie, did you have another bad dream?"

Yuki: "Yeah.... of what I used to be. Can I... sleep next to you? Please."

Y/N can tell she had a nightmare of when she used to be a slave, luckily she wasn't forced to have a slave crest.

Y/N: "Sure sweetie. I thought Swol was able to help you sleep?"

Yuki: "He can but I just feel better when I'm around you."

She walked up to Y/N and he stared at the plushie. His helmet appears and his visor glows and he does it on command now.

Y/N: "I thought you were supposed to help her my little side kick."

He slowly grabs the plushie and he puts it Infront of his face and he pretends to be Swol.

Y/N|Swol: "*Yoda impression* "Sorry I am Yuki. Can you forgive this old fluffy Knight?"

Yuki laughs at her Papa joking around. She doesn't see him as a tall armoured monster, she see's him as the world's best dad.

Yuki: "Don't worry Swol I forgive you. I just love being next to my papa because I know he always protects me."

Y/N|Swol: "*Yoda impression* "Thank you Yuki, what do you think Master?"

Y/N: "Oh I forgive you too. But still you need to do a better job at keeping the bad dreams away."

Y/N|Swol: "*Yoda impression* "Don't worry Master I got it."

Y/N: "Alrighty Swol, now go you can go ahead and sleep here Yuki."

Yuki hopped on his bed and shimmied herself next to him and Y/N wrapped his arm around to keep warm and safe.

Yuki: "Love you Papa."

Y/N: "Love you too Yuki, sleep well."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Forgot to say to this earlier but if your wondering what you sound like when you talk with BOLD words you sound like this.