Mr & Mrs Fury

Annabelle and Randal snuggle up under the covers watching Tv. Well not really watching Annabelle nuzzles her face into his chest while Randal hums to himself. He can't help but smile at his beau.

"What are you doing?" Randal chuckled.

"Im enjoying myself."

"I can see that." He chuckled.

"What are you singing-humming I mean."

"Just an old song I used to sing non stop as a kid. It's been in my head the last few days."

"Singing it out loud might help it out of your head."

"You just wanna hear me sing."

"That's besides the point."

They both laugh.

"I like it when you sing. It sounds pretty." Annabelle smiled.

Randal glances down at Annabelle. She bats her doughy eyes. Randal sighs in defeat, his true weakness, Annabelle's eyes.

"Alright you win." He sighed. He clears his throat and starts to serenade.

'See the pyramids along the Nile, watch the sun rise from the tropic isle.
Just remember darling, all the while, you belong to me.
See the market place in old Algiers, send me some photographs and souvenirs.
Just remember when a dream appears...

Randal glances down at Annabelle sound asleep. He smiles softly and kisses her temple.

You belong...to me.

He holds her a little tighter and closes his eyes.

*********

"Why so glum butterchum?" Randal asked.

"I would say I'm fine, but you're gonna know I'm lying." She frowned.

Randal scoots closer.

"Talk about it, what's on your mind?"

Annabelle shrugs her shoulders. 

"I-I...sometimes I think about my mom. Mostly of why she's been gone for so long and if she even wants to see me. Or just not even bother coming back.

Randal rubs her back for comfort.

"I'm sorry Belle."

"And it's wired because I want to meet her, but  at the same time I don't. I don't hate her, but I don't really care about her. Is that bad?"

Randal shakes his head.

"I don't think so. You'd wish she was there for the important parts or at least came around."

"Yeah...now I feel like if she were to come back I'd just feel...mad? Numb? Mixture of the two?"

"It's okay, you don't wanna have any negative feelings towards your mom. I get it. Just don't blame yourself for anything she did. At least you have your dad and your uncle. I know they really love you."