{ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯-5 }

Start from the beginning

"Looks like we have arrived, Cross go drop the anchor." I command, I walk onto the bowsprit as the ship halts to a stop. I jump off and land onto the soft but warm sand, the heat of it burning through my protective boot. "We may have picked the worst day to go hunting this sun is killer, it might be the death of any mermaid~" Reaper jokes as he floats over my head being totally sober suddenly. "Do you think mermaids like hot weather?" Cross asks as he walks down the gangplank with a fishnet. "I highly doubt it, the sand is so hot it's burning through my boot." I reply as I start walking towards the rock where I originally saw the tail duck at, everyone following close behind me. "I bet you 100G it'll be able to break through that weak net with no issue." Nightmare says as he pushes a branch out of his path, the branch swings back knocking Fell to the ground and breaking off.

 I stop in my tracks and shush everyone as the faint sound of water splashing catches my attention, we sneak behind the bushes to try and find a view of the source. "What's the plan?" Horror asks with a whisper as he crouches next to me. "I'll distract it and lure it away from the water, Reaper can go above it with the net and trap it when the time comes, then we can secure it with some rope and haul it back to the ship with no problem." I reply with a whisper as I hand Horror and Killer rope. "Sounds like you just thought of that off the top of your head." Nightmare says slightly raising his voice, Cross covers his mouth while death glaring at him. "Okay, here I go." I carefully walk out of the bushes and slowly make my way around the rock to see exactly what I wished to see. A mermaid. 

It was a whited boned skeleton with a long fishlike tail, It's caudal fin looked like a razor ready to cut through anything it met paths with. It had black markings across its ribs and humerus, but a dark grey colour marking its forearms and parts of the spine. Its tail was a dark grey also, but it seemed to be iridescent. A very easy way to manipulate prey into getting closer. 

I snapped from my thoughts as I noticed it staring at me with half-lidded eyes, it didn't seem scared or angry, it seemed confused and interested. Something about its smile frightened me. It leapt towards me causing me to jump back and fall on the ground with a thud, I crawled away from it and the water desperately trying to get up, almost forgetting about my crew lurking nearby. Reaper attempted throwing the net over it but missed, I stared in horror as he tried untying the net quickly. I took my sword out and sliced through its arm to by time for Reaper, it screeched and shook around from the pain. Reaper threw the net over it and the others jumped out to secure it, it screams loud enough to break through the glass. Cross put something in its mouth to silence the noise, however, it still echoed before dying out. At this point, the creature was pissed and trying to harm us any chance it got. 

"Well, let's get this beast to Loyalty, shall we?" 

_____________________________

Word count: 1,226 

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Character count: 6,604

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

ERROR!Sans/Error Belongs Too: LoverOfPiggies/CrayonQueen

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Nightmare!Sans/Nightmare Belongs Too: Jokublog

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Killer!Sans/Killer Belongs Too: Rahafwabas

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Horror!Sans/Horror Belongs Too: Sour-Apple Studios

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Fell!Sans/Fell Belongs Too: AU Community 

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Reaper!Sans/Reaper Belongs Too: Renrink

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

Cross!Sans/Cross Belongs Too: Jakei95

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

{I woke today with a terrible cold and now I'm sitting here in my own filth waiting for the upcoming apocalypse.}