"Grab your coats," she grins, "I've got an idea."

++|++

Roxanne felt guilty as soon as she'd hung up the phone.

She missed her friends, she did but she just wasn't ready to go out yet and so she made herself a cup of tea, grabbed a recipe book that somehow found its way into her things and started flicking through it to try and find something she could make for dinner.

Half an hour later, her door buzzer went off, making her almost spill her tea and after putting it on the table, she moves to answer.

She wasn't expecting him, "Hello?"

"Roxanne!" she hears Roger sing and then there's some laughter, "Hiya love, you gonna let us up?"

"What..." she whispers. Who's us? She pushes the button that lets them in and returns to the couch.

Not even two minutes pass before the door flies open, startling Casper and Freddie is the first to step over the threshold with a bottle of wine in his hand.

"Roxanne!" he sings, just as Roger had before he's embracing her, "Hello my darling!"

"Hey," she gives him a smile, giving Mary a kiss on the cheek as she falls onto the couch beside her, "And please, don't take this the wrong way but...what are you doing here? I thought you were going out."

"We were," John says as he puts a couple of bags down on her coffee table.

"But then Mary had the wonderful idea of bringing the party to you," Brian grins, "So we have wine."

"And food!" Roger calls from the kitchen, where he and Alyssa are getting plates.

"And saving the best till last," Freddie reaches into one of the bags John had put down, "We brought Scrabble."

"Guys," Roxanne breathes, "You...you didn't have to do all of this. But thanks."

Roger ruffles her hair as he walks behind the couch, "We missed you, Nessie. The studio isn't the same without you."

"I've been working!" she laughs.

"Come tomorrow," Freddie begs as Roger starts handing out the food, "You can watch Deaky in action. We still need his solo for Liar."

"Oh," her face flushes red as she remembers the last time she was at the studio, the remarks about his hands.

"What do you say?" Freddie takes a sip of wine, eyebrows raising knowingly over the rim of the glass.

Roxanne nods, casting a glance towards her boyfriend who is setting the Scrabble board up, "Yeah, maybe I'll come."

++|++

Roxanne is really glad that her downstairs neighbours are on holiday because the noise that is coming from her flat, is ridiculous.

And they were only playing Scrabble!

It was only the boys who were playing; Mary had busied herself with picking out records, Alyssa was playing with Casper and Roxanne had been nominated as dictionary checker.

"Don't come near me with that," Roger points a finger at her as she sits down, "Pretty sure you gave me a concussion that last time."

Freddie and Brian cast a wary glance at her and she shrugs, "He was being a prick."

The game starts innocently enough, the common and easy word are put down first but as more and more tiles are being used, the words are becoming more and more complex. Stuff like QUARTZ, ZINKIFY and ASPHYXX to name but a few.

"Freddie," Brian sighs, "Freddie, you can't just make words up - that is, no, that definitely isn't a word!"

Roxanne laughs as the singer tries to plead his case, leaning her head on John's shoulder, "I have to agree with Brian, Fred."

His eyes narrow, "Traitor."

"Those are the rules my friend."

The game goes on for what feels like forever and when things are getting just a little bit too loud, that's when Mary and Alyssa call time on it.

"Such a fucking cheater," Roger mutters, opening the window so he and John can you go for a smoke, "Aw, Nessie, it's raining. Can't we-"

"No."

"Here's an umbrella," Brian tosses one at John, just missing Casper and Freddie glares at him, still not forgiven him for disqualifying his word.

Roxanne gets up and goes into the kitchen, smiling at Alyssa when she follows, "You alright?"

She nods and helps herself to the leftover chips, "Fine. Roger was telling me that it's Freddie's birthday on Wednesday."

Roxanne nods, "Yeah, the fifth. I think he's having some sort of tea at his parent's house and then a party here afterwards."

"Here?"

Roxanne nods, "Yeah, he asked me the other day since his and Mary's place is so small. I don't mind, it'll be fun."

She nods, "I was just wondering if you'd like to go shopping to find something for him? Roger said he'd get something but I'm not going to lie, I don't really trust him."

"Probably wise," Roxanne laughs, "And yeah, that'd be great. I'm working tomorrow though."

"Me too...how about Monday?"

She nods, "That'd be perfect!"

++|++

this is a little bit of a filler but i'm hoping that you like it anyway