Chapter 29

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

6:52 PM

Tonight was Nia's launch party. Her brand was finally taking off.  Her Mom invested, considering the salon was doing so well. Plus, Angel, Delaney, and Jaziah agreed to work with her and maybe even become partners someday. The only thing that could bring her down today was that Roscoe wasn't here to share this moment with her. Of course, once he heard he gave her a big shout out during his concert and he sent her a bouquet of flowers every day since she told him.

Little did she know, Roscoe had a trick up his sleeve. 

Nia was already at the venue making sure everybody was doing their part. The party was supposed to start at eight, but the DJ wasn't here doing soundcheck and her stage still wasn't set up.

"Nia, girl why you look all boohooey?". Delaney took her by the shoulders.

"Because my DJ the one Roscoe told me was as good if not better than him ain't here. The crew can't locate the platform so I ain't got no stage for the DJ to perform on. Shit is just going left". Nia moped.

"Calm down, I'mma make some calls and see what I can get done. You go get a drink or two and start getting dressed". Delaney shooed her off toward the bar.

Nia walked off into the back room and started getting ready for the event.

*

8:05 PM

Nia was fully dressed and could hear music coming from the main ballroom.

"This girl really pulled through". Nia smiled to herself.

She walked in and people were starting to arrive and look at the merchandise showcase. 

"Bitch you done already sold, thirty shirts, we gon need more from the backroom". Angel handed her the sales write up.

"Oh my God! We doing great, at this rate I'll be able to rent the warehouse for a couple months till I get my own spot". Nia cheered.

Nia walked further into the main event and the DJ was on stage, but it wasn't the DJ she hired. 

"I guess yo guy showed up". Delaney motioned toward the guy.

"Uhm-yeah hold on one second". Nia was focused on him, she knew that body from anywhere, but he was supposed to be in Miami right now.

As she got closer her suspicions were confirmed once she saw his silver promise ring glinting in the light.

"Baby girl". He smirked.

Nia couldn't even speak she just threw herself at him.

Of course, Roscoe caught her and spun her around as the crowd clapped on in awe.

"You told me you couldn't make it because y'all were in Miami". Nia grinned until her cheeks hurt.

"Yeah, but I couldn't miss the biggest accomplishment of my baby girl. Plus I got chu sumn". He smirked reaching into his bag.

He pulled out an iced out chain, with Nia's initials dangling from it.

"Awww babe it's beautiful". She turned around and he put it around her neck.

He clasped the necklace around her neck and leaned down planting a kiss on the back of her neck, making shivers run down her spine.

"Stoppp". She giggled.