Chapter 12

Monday, September 8, 2020

7:22 AM

Nia was up bright and early considering she had an eight o'clock class. Jameer and Anaya didn't have class until later. Nia got up and did her hygiene routine as Roscoe was still asleep. The guys didn't go home last night.

"Baby". Nia shook Roscoe awake.

"Hm?". Roscoe rolled over facing Nia.

"I'm bout to go to class. I love you". Nia kissed his forehead and grabbed her keys.

"Bye babe. I love you too. Text me when you make it to class". Roscoe spoke groggily.

Nia left the room and went in the kitchen.

Jameer had fallen asleep on the couch. Nia walked over and turned the TV off. She got a blanket out of the linen closet and put it over Jameer.

She poured some coffee and added sugar and cream. She poured the rest in a thermos.

She made sure she had all her stuff and left the house.

Nia was low-key still nervous about her first college class. She knew she was going to major in buisness. Her dream was to start up her own fashion line and buisness.

This year she would be taking basic classes like math and science and literature. It was to prepare her for the classes to come later on.

She drove to the Math building and grabbed her stuff. She walked inside and looked for her Professor's name on the wall. Finally finding it she walked in and took her seat.

"Good morning all. I am Professor Daniels and this is Algebra AB". A tall, lanky, white guy who looked a little over thirty pulled up a PowerPoint and got out a thick stack of syllabuses.

Nia sighed already wanting to get this over with.
*
Meanwhile, Jameer had woken up and took a shower. Her lower back was killing her and her feet were swollen.

She took her vitamins and put on some clothes.

She had two classes today, both of which she would be taking online. UCLA had tried as best as they could to try and acomadate her after she had talked to the lady in admissions.

"Good morning". Anaya yawned coming into the kitchen.

"Hey". Jameer sighed.

"Nauseous again?". Anaya rubbed Jameer's back.

Jameer nodded.

She knew pregnancy was going to be hard. But the nausea this far along was getting stronger and stronger.

"One more month. You got one more then your done". Anaya reassured her.

Jameer quickly shot up and ran to the bathroom shooting out the contents of her stomach into the toilet. Anaya was right behind her, holding her hair.

Jameer finished throwing up and brushed her teeth again.

She was starting to feel better and had some applesauce.

Anaya was making breakfast for her and the guys.

Then, Jameer got a text from Trey.

Trey🤦: Hey can you meet me?

Jameer💅: Idk...where? And why?

Trey🤦: Starbucks near campus. Need help with some hw...

Jameer💅: Hw?  Classes started today🤔

Trey🤦: Please just come

Jameer rolled her eyes and got up.

"Hey I got class. I'll see you when I get back". Jameer lied putting her shoes on.

"I thought you said your classes was on line". Anaya frowned.

"Yeah. This one isn't. I should be back around ten or eleven". Jameer lied again and went out the front door.

She got in her car and drove in the direction of the Starbucks. It wasn't too far from the apartment.

She walked in and Trey was sitting in a back corner. She walked over and sat down.

"Alright lemme see this homework you talking bout". Jameer huffed.

"Actually, there is no homework. I just wanted to talk". Trey cracked a smile.

"Ugh Trey your so annoying. We could've talked over the phone or something". Jameer rolled her eyes.

"True. But I wanted to see you". He winked.

"No! None of that! You cannot do things like that! That's how feelings start to get caught and I'll be damned if you catch feelings for me". Jameer shrieked.

"Relax Jameer. It's not like that. Like I said, I just need a friendly face to get me by until I start linking wit some people. Plus, I had a coupon for some drinks. Buy one get one free, coffee for me and mint tea for you". Trey pushed a mug toward Jameer.

In her mind, she thought it was low-key sweet how he got her tea instead of coffee.

"Thanks". Jameer took a sip of the tea.

"Look Jameer. I'on wanna create no drama out of you and me. I just want a friendly face in the crowd. But if this makes you uncomfortable, you can walk away right now". Trey looked at her through pleading eyes.

Jameer took a minute to think. On one hand Trey really was showing that he wasn't trying to do anything harmful. But on the other hand, if anybody found out Jameer could be in a whole lot of shit.

"Fine Trey. I'll give this friendship thing one shot. If you even so much as bring a little bit of mess around I'm dropping you. Understand?". Jameer folded her arms.

"Ok. Ok. Shit. No need to police a nigga". Trey held his hands up in surrender.

"Glad we have an understanding. Thanks for the tea. I guess we're hanging out until ten or eleven since I told Anaya that I was going to class. So, what are we doing after this?". Jameer sipped her tea.

"I'on know. I just wanted coffee. But I guess we could find something to do". Trey put money on the table and stood up.

Jameer finished her tea and Trey helped her up.

They left the Starbucks together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shout-out: -WriterZore25

What y'all think? Jameer and Trey? Could this be good? Is Trey up to his old tricks again?

Comment you opinions❤️💋