Chapter 15

Tuesday, September 9, 2020

2:24 AM

Roscoe had taken Nia back to his apartment. She hadn't said much over the car ride, even when he stopped at Checkers, she barely mumbled that she wasn't hungry.

Now, they were in his room, he was eating at the foot of the bed and she was sitting in a curled up position at the head of the bed. He knew she needed some space, but seeing her like this was killing him, especially since he questioned her loyalty to him.

After he had finished eating and got ready for bed, he sat on the bed afraid of the conversation that was about to take place.

"Whatchu thinking bout?". Roscoe asked.

"You really thought I was still in love with Trey? After all we been through? Roscoe, I love you. There ain't no doubt about it. I see myself marrying you one day, shit I might even have yo kids one day. But, I can't understand how you would even let that cross yo mind. I couldn't give two fucks about what Trey doing and who he doin it wit. But Jameer knows what he put me through and she still turned around and tried to be friends with him". Nia vented.

"Baby girl, I know you love me. I love you too. I just ain't understand why you was so bothered. I'm sorry fa yelling at chu, and fa questioning yo loyalty. I know you love me shawty". Roscoe apologized.

Nia had so many thoughts swirling around in her head, she wasn't sure what to do and who to go to. 

"I accept your apology. I don't know who to go to. Anaya is on both sides, you and Shaun have nothing to do with it. Baby, what should I do?". Nia sat down in front of Roscoe.

"I think you should talk it out wit Jameer. That's the only way you gon get through this". Roscoe advised.

Nia put her forehead against his.

"I love you". Nia kissed his nose.

He picked up his keys off his nightstand and handed them to her.

"Lets go". He took her hand and led her to the front door.

*

They arrived back at the hospital and Anaya and Shaun were in the waiting room.

"What happened? Nia questioned.

"She kicked us out. We were asking her what she was thinking and she blew up at us". Shaun explained.

"I'm gonna go talk with her". Nia walked toward the elevator.

Nia went into the elevator and watched as the door closed on her friends. It stopped abruptly on the third floor and Nia walked out. She walked up to Jameer's room and turned the handle. 

"Go away!". Jameer sniffled.

"Even if my technical baby is about to be born?". Nia questioned sarcastically.

"Nia?". Jameer couldn't turn much due to the epidural.

Nia came and sat in the chair that Jameer was facing.

"Yeah. It's me. I'm here". Nia took Jameer's hand in hers.

"I didn't think you would come back. I know I fucked up but shit Nia you really had me out here thinking you were gonna miss her being born". 

"Even though this shit is fucked up, I promised I would be there for you and I plan to keep that promise". 

"Thanks Nia. But I'm only dilated six centimeters. But they gave me misoprostol to help me go through labor quicker cause baby girl is moving on her time".