Chapter 13

Monday, September 8, 2020

3:09 PM

Trey had decided to take Jameer shopping. He knew it wasn't his responsibility but it was the least he could do since she decided to put herself on the line for him.

"Thanks for everything, Trey. It means a lot". Jameer thanked him.

"It's the least I could do. Imma see you later". Trey hugged her and walked to his car.

Jameer got in her car and drove home.

*

4: 01 PM

Meanwhile, Nia and Anaya had finished their classes for the day and were watching tv.

"Where did Jameer say she was going?". Nia questioned looking at the time.

"She said she was going to class. But that was hours ago". Anaya replied.

"Lemme call her". Nia pulled up Jameer's number.

"I been calling her all afternoon she ain't been answering". Anaya looked generally worried.

"Ok. Well, let's go out and try and find her". Nia stood up finding her car keys.

As if on cue, Jameer popped through the door with multiple bags in her hands.

"Girl! I been calling yo ass all day! Where you been". Anaya spat.

"Bitch calm the fuck down. I went shopping after class. And there was no service in the mall". Jameer lied.

"Jameer I think Anaya is just looking out for you. We all are. What would you have done if you would've gone into labor? We're just worried bout chu". Nia reasoned.

"I know. But I don't need y'all worrying about me right now. I just wanted some time alone to get things together before she came. I get y'all wanna help as much as possible. But this is my life. Just leave me alone". Jameer stormed into her room, slamming the door.

Anaya and Nia exchanged looks.

"I'll talk to her". Anaya stood up rolling her eyes.

"Give her some space. She needs it right now". Nia sighed.

Jameer had never blown up on them like that before and Nia knew there was something off about her.

"I think something's up. She blew up way too quick over nothing". Anaya thought out loud.

"It could be mood swings". Nia suggested.

"Or she lying to us about something. I don't know. This just feels like she not telling us something. First, she lying bout which classes online and which ones not, now this. Something is wrong". Anaya continued.

Nia thought for a minute.

"I'on know Naya. Maybe it's the pregnancy. If it's still going on after the baby gets here, then we'll go from there. But for now, we can only wait until baby J gets here and see how she moves from there". Nia planned out.

"Ok, but mark my words it's something off bout dis". Anaya maintained her argument.

Nia felt something telling her that Jameer was doing something. She just didn't want to believe that it wasn't on the up and up.

"Let's drop it. I'm bout to cook. Call the boys and tell them to come over. I'm making chicken pasta". Nia pulled out chicken and noodles.

*

8:49 PM

The couples were on the couch, Jameer still hadn't come out of her room.

Jameer was in her room on the phone with Trey.

"I swear they treat me like I'm a baby. I know what to do in case I go into labor. I'm not stupid". She ranted.

"Jameer, it sound like they really care bout chu. If it was me I wouldn't be worried bout where you go and what time you get back. That's yo business. That's yo best friends and take it from me when Nia care bout chu, she cares a lot. Once you have the baby, I'm sure they gon ease up". Trey reassured her.

"Thanks, Trey. You always know just what to say. But I'mma call you tomorrow. Good night". Jameer hung up the phone.

Her stomach was growling like crazy and baby J was kicking and hitting like she was in a fight.

"Ok mama we bout to get some food right now". Jameer placed her hand over her belly.

She came out of her room and everybody looked at her.

"I'm sorry for blowing up at y'all. My mood swings have just really been out of pocket". Jameer apologized.

"We understand Jameer. It's cool". Nia stood up and hugged her.

"Awww group hug". Shaun put his arms over Nia and Jameer.

"Bye Shaun". Jameer giggled.

Nia took Jameer's plate out of the microwave and handed it to her.

"Here ya go. Chicken pasta with extra parmesan cheese on top". Nia rubbed Jameer's back.

"Awww, I'm loved". Jameer hugged Nia, her mouth watering at the sight of food.

Nia giggled and went back to sitting on the couch.

"I don't believe that was just mood swings, there's something else going on". Anaya whispered to Nia.

"Drop it Naya. I told you, once she has the baby, we'll see". Nia sighed.

Before they could speak anymore, there was a loud splash coming from Jameer.

Everybody looked over to Jameer and she had a puddle under her and the front and back of her leggings were wet. 

"Jameer did you pee yourself?". Roscoe turned to her.

"No. I-I-I think my water just broke". Jameer looked terrified.

Nia quickly got up and went over to her.

"Ok-uhm, Shaun get Jameer's hospital bag out of her room, Roscoe go start the car. Anaya help me get her downstairs". Nia shot out orders quickly.

Jameer was so afraid. She always wondered what today would be like, and now that it was here, her heart was racing and she was so afraid. Her hand quickly held on to her stomach.

"Ok, Jameer come on so we can get you in the car". Nia walked Jameer down the steps and got her into Roscoe's car. 

Shaun put her hospital bag in the trunk and hopped in the car.

Roscoe drove quickly to the hospital.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Shoutouts:

Kori_Skai

AnnaMitchell929

WriterZore25

Thank y'all so much for commenting and voting, remember if you want a shoutout comment and vote on my chapters and you just might get picked for a shoutout. I do 3 shoutouts per chapter so if you don't get picked for this one you will for the next one.

But y'all Jameer is having baby J!!!! I'm so excited to write the next chapter. Comment some baby names (they don't have to start with letter J).

Anyway, thank y'all for reading make sure you vote and comment to get a shoutout.

Happy Reading -Ari💖💖💖