Chapter 8

Friday, September 6, 2020

6:02 PM

Jameer had been in her room since they came back from the baby shower. Everybody else had put away gifts and tried to talk to her. But she wouldn't let them come in. 

"I swear man parents ruin the happiest fucking moments". Anaya threw the remote.

"Honestly". Nia rolled her eyes.

"I feel like we need to give ha some time to think and process this shit ova". Roscoe suggested.

"I just don't want her dealing with all the emotions of giving the baby up or not. Me personally I wouldn't give the baby up. But at the same time, she gotta make that choice for her. I'm behind whatever she wanna do". Nia sighed.

The room fell quiet once Jameer's door opened.

"I am not giving up this baby. If anybody sitting in this house doesn't want to help, then you don't have too. I am not pushing anything on you. I will make a way for me and this baby". Jameer stated firmly, with dried tears sticking to her face.

"Jameer we got you boo, we not gon desert you or baby. Just like you want this baby we want it too. We all in this for the long run". Shaun pulled Jameer into a hug.

Everybody else got up and surrounded Jameer in a group hug.

"We love you Jameer. And we love baby girl. We gon stand by you man, through everything". Roscoe let out.

"Awww. I love y'all". Jameer teared up.

The group hug ended and everybody dispersed.

"Y'all hungry?". Nia questioned.

"Yes! Yes I am!". Shaun let out in fake agony falling to the floor.

"Boy bye. I'm bout to cook". Nia chuckled.

She pulled out ground beef, noodles, and tomato sauce.

"Imma cook spaghetti". Nia put the ground beef in a pan and started to boil the noodles.

"Yaaasss. My baby know how to cook". Roscoe kissed the side of Nia's head.

"I could always cook". Nia folded her arms.

"I can't tell. Yo ass stay buying Wendy's and McDonalds and shit. Buy that shit so much they prolly know yo ass by name". Shaun countered making everybody laugh.

"I do not buy food like that". Nia rolled her eyes.

"Pull up yo account purchases". Shaun stood up.

Nia went on her Chase app on her phone and pulled up her purchases.  Down the list McDonalds, Wendy's, In and Out, and Checkers.

"Damn Nia. What the hell?". Roscoe commented scrolling down.

"Leave me alone I be hungry". Nia rolled her eyes.

"Yo ass bet not buy no mo fast food. I don't care if I gotta cook for you". Roscoe grasped her chin forcing her to look at him.

Nia was caught off guard.

"You here me?". He questioned sternly.

She searched his eyes for any hint of him playing.

Nia smirked and grabbed his dick.

"Yes daddy". Nia whispered to him.

He groaned pulling away from her.

"I got some for yo ass". Roscoe slapped her ass and turned to walk to the living room.

"Y'all nasty". Anaya scrunched up her nose.

"Girl bye I bet you and Shaun be out here doing everything under the sun". Nia rolled her eyes.

She drained the fat from the ground beef and poured the tomato sauce over the ground beef.

"Y'all get ready to eat". Nia called to everybody.

She combined the noodles and meat sauce in one pot and mixed it all together.

"Where the sugar at?". Shaun opened the fridge.

"It's behind the flour. And what do you need sugar for?". Anaya asked looking at him skeptically.

"Y'all don't put sugar on y'all spaghetti?". Shaun turned around, sugar in hand.

"No!". Everybody twisted their faces up in disgust.

"Man y'all don't know what y'all missing. Sugar in spaghetti slaps I'on give a fuck what y'all say". Shaun shook his head.

Nia started fixing plates as the group debated on sugar with spaghetti.

Everybody got their food and sat in the living room together.

"What we bout to watch?". Nia scrolled down the list of the many shows on Netflix.

"I wanna watch how to get away with murder". Jameer suggested, making everybody turn to her.

"What? It's not like I'mma kill anybody". Jameer shrugged them off.

"Mhm. Nah, cause I ain't got that much bail money". Nia kept scrolling.

"We should watch All American". Roscoe suggested.

"Ok". Nia clicked on the show and they started watching.

*
12:07 AM

Netflix had stopped playing and everybody except Nia and Shaun were sleep.

"Damn. These niggas shole know how to fall asleep on a show". Shaun chuckled as he helped Nia pick up the plates.

Nia yawned as she placed the dishes in the sink.

"I could wash the dishes for you. It's the least I could do for you cooking dinner, unlike these ungrateful friends of ours". Shaun hip bumped Nia out of the way, making her laugh.

"Thanks Shaun. I'm bout to go to sleep". Nia yawned again, walking down the hall to her room.