Chapter 6

Friday September 5, 2020
6:22 AM

Nia was already awake and running because today was Jameer's baby shower. There was a lot to do.

"Baby get up". Nia shook Roscoe.

"Hm". Roscoe opened his eyes yawning.

"We gotta go get Jameer's cake and her balloon sculpture". She said putting her jeans on.

Roscoe got up and stretched going to the bathroom.

Nia was dressed in Roscoe's T-shirt jeans and slides.

He came out the bathroom and kissed Nia.

"Let's go". He grabbed his keys.

*
They got the cake and sculpture now, they just needed to get back to the apartment.

Roscoe found a close park and they headed upstairs. Nia hoped that everybody was still asleep.

The couple walked in and everybody was awake and in the kitchen.

"I can't never live". Nia whispered to herself making Roscoe laugh.

"Look at the two lil love birds. Nia you sure didn't come home last night so I'm guessing that V-card is maxed out". Anaya smirked.

Nia was so embarrassed.

"Man she was moaning so loud I had to leave the apartment, my guy". Shaun shook his head.

Nia couldn't even handle this right now.

"Look and she got hickeys all down her neck. Just trifling!". Jameer joked.

"Y'all are so embarrassing". Nia buried her head in Roscoe's chest.

"It's ok. We just joking but you have to tell us everything". Anaya pointed a fork at Nia.

"I don't kiss and tell". Nia winked at Roscoe.

"Girl bye". Anaya rolled her eyes.

The girls went and got dressed while the guys drove everything to the venue.

"So you gon tell us what happened cause I see he iced you out and you got a promise ring on so what's tea". Jameer grabbed Nia's hand showing it to Anaya.

"Bitch you have to tell us now". Anaya examined Nia's ring.

"Ok damn. So last night he took me to dinner and we went back to they apartment. He gave me perfume from PINK this necklace and this ring. One thing led to another and we had sex. No scratch that great sex like damn he really put down". Nia flashed back to last night.

Jameer and Anaya screamed.

"Bitch go off which cho grown ass". Anaya cheered.

They pulled up to the venue and got out.

Nia booked a venue that was indoors and had a terrace.

"Girl this is a whole apartment building". Jameer looked at Nia sideways.

"Ok and? Don't act like I won't hook it up for you". Nia rolled her eyes.

They went inside and got on the elevator.

"No cap this place nice". Jameer looked around.

The elevator was glass with gold buttons.

"Mhm. Exactly". Nia pursed her lips together.

The elevator stopped on the top floor and opened.

The venue was the only one on the top floor and it had a glass sliding door to the terrace. The boys had everything set up and were waiting for the guests to arrive.

"Y'all did a great job setting everything up. I'm proud". Nia smiled looking around.

"Cause that's what we do baby girl". Roscoe rubbed his hands together and bit his lip.

Nia blushed rolling her eyes.

The elevator dinged and Deedra walked out holding a pink gift bag.

"Hey Momma!". Nia ran over to her mom and pulling her into a hug.

"Hey baby. I haven't seen you in a while. You look good. Your glowing". Deedra took a good look at Nia.

"I'm good and thanks". Nia blushed knowing Roscoe was smirking behind her.

"Jameer you look gorgeous and here is something for you and the baby". Deedra handed the gift bag to Jameer and hugged her.

Roscoe stepped up and hugged Deedra.

"Hey Momma. How you been?". Roscoe questioned.

"Great. I see you keeping my baby happy so I'm happy". Deedra slapped his chest playfully making him blush.

Deedra went to help herself to some food.

"Hey I invited Boston in case he changed his mind". Jameer sighed.

"You want me to call him?". Roscoe pulled out his phone.

"Nah. If he comes then good if he don't then I don't give a fuck, my baby don't need all this negative energy around". Jameer shook her head while rubbing her belly.

The elevator dinged again and Jameer's Mom, Rachele and brother, Jaheem emerged.

Jaheem pulled her into a hug as best as he could.

"Wassup sis". He smiled.

"Hey big head, did you get your niece a gift?". Jameer mushed her brother.

"Of course. She gon be a real G like her uncle". He smirked pulling out a small pink bandana.

"Boy bye. Hey Momma I ain't think you was gonna come". Jameer walked toward her Mom.

"I will always be here for you baby, even if you do make some mistakes in life I'll be there". Rachele hugged her and handed her a gift box.

They shared a hug making everybody smile.

The elevator dinged again and Anaya's Mom and all her siblings came bursting out of the elevator.

Bitterly, Anaya's oldest sister stalked off the elevator, a mean mug on her face.

"Hey Jameer. Anaya invited us out and we brought you and the baby this gift". Anaya's Mom, Rasheeda, handed Jameer a medium sized box.

"Thank you so much". Jameer handed the box to Shaun and hugged Rasheeda.

Meghan stepped forward and all but pushed the gift into Jameer's hand and walked off.

"Don't start no shit Meghan". Anaya sized her sister.

"Girl bye. Ain't nobody starting shit. You know I don't fuck wit yo homegirls". Meghan gave Nia and Jameer a stank face.

"Meghan! Go take a break!". Rasheeda pushed Meghan to the terrace.

"It's fine. I'm over the drama, just focused on my baby". Jameer smiled down at her baby bump.

Nia needed to turn the mood for this baby shower around.

"Ok! Whose ready for some baby shower games!". Nia cheered.

"Yaass let's go so I can laugh and pee a little". Jameer giggled.

"That's nasty". Anaya turned her nose up.

The first game Nia proposed was Headbanz Baby Edition.

"Ok so I need everybody to come get a card and a headband". Nia passed out cards and headbands.

Just then the elevator dinged and Boston emerged holding two big boxes. The room fell silent.
----–----------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all I am so sorry for the long wait I have had some serious writer's block but I teamed up with sammieb413 and she has been helping me so much on this book. If y'all want more content you should go and read her book The Girl With The Broken Heart.

But I will be updating more often from now on and thanks to everybody who has been very patient.

I love y'all and happy reading~Ari💋❤️