Chapter 3

Wednesday, September 3, 2020

8:21 AM

Jameer had been so hurt by Boston. He made his bed now he needed to lie in it. 

"Jameer you ok babe?". Nia walked in Jameer's room. She was still in bed.

"I'm just so tired of his bullshit Nia. It's not fair to me and it damn sure ain't fair to my baby. She didn't ask for none of this". Jameer cried.

Nia didn't know what to say. She had never been in a situation like this, so she had no advice for her.

"Jameer listen to me, that baby is going to grow up knowing one thing, she had a mother that love her and aunties and uncles that love her. And if Boston don't wanna be apart of this baby life then that's on him. Put his ass on child support and I bet chu he change his tune". Nia advised.

"Thank you Nia. So much. I really need to stop thinking about him. He's a deadbeat asshole". Jameer wiped her eyes.

"Ok. Now I made you some food it's in the kitchen". Nia helped her out of bed.

"Yessss. I love you so much". Jameer pulled Nia into a hug.

Nia and Jameer left the room and went into the kitchen.

Roscoe and Shaun were on the couch watching football and Anaya was in her room still sleeping.

"Hey y'all". Jameer greeted the boys.

"Wassup Jameer. I heard about Boston, you want me to whoop his ass for you?". Roscoe walked over and pulled her into a hug.

Jameer giggled.

"As nice as that sounds, no. I wouldn't wish nothing bad on him". Jameer smiled.

"Aww look at our baby momma taking the high road. I would've whooped Boston ass". Anaya came out of her room rubbing her eyes.

Shaun immediately stood up and scooped Anaya up in his arms. He kissed Anaya's forehead.

Anaya giggled.

"Aww y'all are so cute, y'all make me sick". Nia and Roscoe said in unison.

The entire apartment burst into laughter.

"What we doing today?". Anaya questioned.

"The girls are gonna get some things for Jameer's baby shower and the guys are going to do whatever they please". Nia shrugged.

"We could clean our apartment considering it smells like dirty gym clothes". Roscoe looked at Shaun.

"Ay man I told you, Moms stopped washing my clothes and I don't know how to do laundry". Shaun held up his hands in defence.

"First of all your in your twenties and don't know how to wash clothes? Secondly, why didn't you just take em to the dry cleaners or something". Anaya frowned.

"Them clothes was so stank even the laundromat wouldn't take em". Roscoe laughed.

"Ouch. Well drop them off here and I'll teach you how to wash your clothes cause I'll be damned if you following me smelling like ass and musk". Anaya suggested.

"See y'all my baby the best". Shaun kissed the top of her head.

Everybody finished breakfast and the girls got in Nia's car.

"Y'all didn't tell me y'all were throwing me a baby shower". Jameer smiled.

"Well we wanted to do something nice for you and plus we wanted to buy stuff for the baby". Anaya smiled.

"Aw I love y'all". Jameer smiled feeling tears at the back of her eyes.

They pulled up to a Super Walmart and got a close park. 

"What we buying out of here?". Jameer questioned.

"Stuff for the baby shower plus we need shit for the apartment. The boys wanna cook while we decorate". Nia rolled her eyes hoping the boys wouldn't screw up the food.

They got inside and Nia grabbed a cart.

"Ok, we need plates, forks, knives, napkins, spoons, balloons, gift bags, like the whole nine". Nia listed.

They went and got pink plates and plasticware and napkins. Jameer wanted the baby shower colors to be pink and gold. They got pink and gold balloons too.

"I need to call this girl Renee. She do the lil balloon sculptures". Nia took her phone out.

She texted Renee and told her to make a pink and gold balloon sculpture.

"Ok, next we need to get gifts for the baby. But we can get those online". Nia checked an item off her list.

"We need a cake. So we need to go to Publix". Nia turned the shopping cart in the direction of check out.

They checked out and left the store. 

Anaya put the stuff in the trunk and they headed off to Publix.

*

"Hi I need a pink and gold cake for a baby shower and  I need it by the fifth". Nia put in her order.

"Ok. What shape do you want it?". The lady asked.

"A sheet cake please". Nia ordered.

"Ok your total is thirty dollars would you like to pay now or at pick up?". The lady headed toward the register.

"I'll pay now". Nia handed her thirty dollars.

Nia got her receipt and went back to the car. 

"We gotta pick up the cake on the fifth which is good cause it'll be fresh for the baby shower". Nia said.

They went back to the apartment and the guys were marinating the meat.

"What y'all cooking up?". Nia kissed Roscoe's cheek.

"I'm making ribs and baked chicken. And the grill master back there making hamburgers and hotdogs". Roscoe motioned to Shaun who was shaping and seasoning his hamburgers.

"Aww look at my chef baby". Anaya was posted up next to Shaun.

"I'mma go take a nap y'all". Jameer stretched and went in her room.

"I really hope Boston get his shit together, for the baby's sake cause I'on think Jameer want him back". Anaya huffed.

"He ain't gon have no choice when them child support papers come through. Either that or his ass gon get locked up, they won't let him out". Nia stuck her tongue out laughing.

"You is so stupid". Anaya laughed.