Chapter 18

Saturday, September 12, 2020

6:41 AM

Nia hadn't slept much last night. She kept tossing and turning.

She was trying hard to fall asleep. Even with Roscoe rubbing on her butt, she couldn't sleep a wink so he knew she was going through.

As soon as daylight shown through the curtains Roscoe got up and got ready for the day. Nia was confused as to why he was up so early since he didn't have a class, but she brushed it off thinking he was about to go to the gym.

He came out the bathroom fully dressed and walked over to her side of the bed and sat down.

"Babe?". He shook her lightly.

"I'm up". Nia looked to him.

"Come on get dressed we bout to go over to ya Moms". He put on his shoes as he spoke.

"Now? Babe my mom probably not even up right now".

"Yeah. But when you'on get sleep you turn into anything but my baby girl and I'on need that so les go. Get dressed and come on".

"Ugh ok. But you driving".

She got out of bed and went to take a shower. She brushed her teeth. She quickly put an outfit together and curled her hair.

"Bae come on this not a fashion show".

"Listen I don't bust out the house looking any kind of way. Plus you like it when I look all good and shit".

"True but you best hurry up for I come in there".

"Whatever. I'm ready". Nia giggled.

The rest of the apartment was still asleep so they just left.

Nia was nervous about seeing her Mom. She hoped she was ok.

*
7:29 AM

Before long, they were pulling up to Deedra's house.

Nia felt like her heart was racing.

"Baby it's gon be ok. Let's just go inside and see what's up". Roscoe squeezed her hand.

Nia nodded and got out.

Together, they slowly walked up the path and Nia knocked on the door.

There was silence and then shuffling, then the door swung open.

"Dad?!". Nia frowned.

"Hey baby. How ya been. I haven't seen you  in a while. What are you doing here?". He greeted her.

"Uhn uhn. Where is my mama?". Nia was growing irritated by his presence.

"She's inside. Cooking some breakfast. Your welcome to join if you like". He grinned.

She broke out from under Roscoe and pushed past her Father and went straight to the kitchen.

"Ma?!". Nia planted herself at the entrance of the kitchen with her hand on her hip.

"Hey baby! I been meaning to call you".

"Uhm yeah I haven't heard from you in weeks. What's going on?". Nia motioned to her Father who was out talking to Roscoe in the dining room.

"Chile calm down. That man showed up here this morning asking me to talk and I couldn't slam the door in his face like I wanted to considering he was already half way in. He got here a little before you did".

"Mhm. And you sure your ok?".

"Yes! I just been busy wit some things I got in the works which I guess I'll tell you bout over breakfast if you care to join me".