fourteen ; pt2♤

Start from the beginning

chan internally laughed at his cheesy thoughts, wondering how far his affection for the younger had gotten.

"hyung?" jeongin softly asked, his head turning a little to the side, "are you sleeping?"

"no, i'm here," chan answered, his voice low as if he could ruin the atmosphere by talking louder.

jeongin just nodded and snuggled closer – if that was even possible – to the elder, taking in his perfume that he had learnt to love.

they were so comfortable like that. just being with each other was enough to make their heart flutter. but maybe they still didn't know completely.

but suddenly, something interrupted their peace. a loud ringing came from the coffee table in front of them and jeongin sighed, recognising his phone's ringtone. he slowly detached from the elder and widened his eyes when he saw the caller ID.

he had completely forgot to tell his mom he was going to be late that day.

he hesitantly picked up, chan already sitting beside him with a furrowed expression.

"hello?"

"jeongin, oh my god! where are you? why aren't you home?! it's almost 7pm and, oh, i was so worried ab-"

"mom. mom!" jeongin finally succeeded in stopping his mom's rambling.

"mom, i'm fine. i'm... i'm at seungmin's and i totally forgot to call you. i'm sorry"

"you're with seungmin? okay, but come back home in ten minutes, alright?" she asked, her tone sounding authoritative but not harsh.

"okay, fine. i'll be back. bye," jeongin hung up and sighed, before turning to his hyung.

"ops?" he just mumbled, a grimace on his face.

chan just ruffled his hair with a slight smile.

"c'mon, i'll get your school bag and i'll walk you home," chan stood up and patted him on the shoulder.

"n-no, don't worry. it's better if i go alone," jeongin said, hoping chan didn't mention the fact that he had lied to his mom about being there.

"okay, are you sure? do you know how to get back home from here?" chan was visibly worried but jeongin nodded and reassured him.

a few minutes later he was ready and at the front door, chan with his back against the door frame, looking at the younger in front of him.

"i-i'll get going," jeongin timidly announced but before walking down the stairs, he closed the distance between them and left a kiss on chan's cheeks, his hand gently placing on the elder's broad chest.

it barely lasted a second, and as quick as it came it went away, and when chan finally got back to himself, jeongin was already on his way home, unknowingly leaving a flustered bang chan behind him.

———

as soon as jeongin stepped inside his house, he was met with a scene he had never experienced before.

his mom was waiting for him a few metres away from the door, her hands on her hips as she looked up and down his son.

"hi, mom..."

"yang jeongin, may i know where have you been all afternoon?" she asked, her tone strangely calm, in contrast with her serious face.

"i-i was at a friend's house..."

"a friend's house? wasn't it seungmin?" she asked suspiciously, already knowing her son was lying. she knew him too well and he wasn't that great of an actor. he was just too innocent at times.

"y-yeah, i mean... there was also-" he stopped mid-sentence, aware that he couldn't keep lying like that. it was a mess.

fuck, he thought and bit his lip before slowly confessing, his gaze low on the ground.

"i was at a friend's house, that's true. but it was bang chan, the boy from school"

his mom's features softened upon hearing her son's honest words. he had given up pretty easily but she was glad he did, she knew she could always trust her son.

"okay, were you two just hanging out?" she asked and jeongin lifted up his head, nodding.

"are you two close?"

jeongin didn't know why his face heated up at those words. he gulped, hoping his mom wouldn't notice. he didn't want to give her a wrong impression.

"y-yeah, he's really nice and kind," jeongin unconsciously smiled, the last scene between him and chan immediately replaying in his head making his heart beat faster.

"that's good. i'm sure he's a good guy, so you won't have anything against making me meet him, right?" a sly smile appeared on her face and her expression turned into a playful one.

jeongin slightly smiled, "okay, fine, i'll tell him. but he's... just a friend," he clarified.

"of course he is! what else could he be?" she ironically asked but her son didn't seem to get it, and just blushed walking up to his room.

he may have believed to have handled the situation well, but his mom's attentive gaze didn't miss on the spark that appeared in his son's eyes whenever he mentioned that bang chan.

and she knew all too well what that spark meant.

a/n
annyeong! i'm back with a new chapter and
i promise i'll update sooner than last time

ps. i'm living every day with the anxiety of skz announcing the european dates :(
-mic