Chapter 111 - The Chat With CaiWei

The next morning, ZhouXiang made ChenYing breakfast and brought it over to her at the hospital. He stayed with her for half an hour before going to the company.

In the afternoon, he helped CaiWei prepare for a bidding meeting relating to renovating materials for a film studio. Because this involves a contract that is more than seven million yuan and CaiWei was too busy and couldn't attend, he could only be at ease in sending ZhouXiang.

ZhouXiang is naturally obligated. He spent the afternoon getting an understanding of the several bidding companies and then went with a few others to discuss the conditions for the winning bid.

In the evening, CaiWei came back after finishing his work and insisted on treating them to a meal. ZhouXiang thought of the person at home so he gave YanMingXiu a call to inform him that he won't be coming back for dinner tonight.

Unexpectedly, YanMingXiu didn't answer the phone.

ZhouXiang didn't give it too much thought and instead happily went to dinner with CaiWei.

It is inevitable to have a few drinks during a meal. The group of people drank a bit. CaiWei didn't drink because he had to meet with clients later in the night. After the meal, CaiWei wanted to take ZhouXiang home. ZhouXiang felt that this will be a bit embarrassing. After all, if CaiWei took him home, it would mean that CaiWei would know that he had moved back to his own home. And the only reason he could move back need not be elaborated (T/N).

T/N: it means that CaiWei would know that ZhouXiang has reconciled with YanMingXiu. After all, YanMingXiu has ownership of that house.

However, being his best buddy, CaiWei would know sooner or later so ZhouXiang didn't reject his offer. After getting into the car, he gave the address to his condo. CaiWei had just started the car; his foot instantly shift from the accelerator to the brakes making ZhouXiang's entire body propelled forward, almost slamming into the windshield.

CaiWei looked at him in shock, "You... you moved back?"

This move quickly sobered him up. ZhouXiang almost immediately had no feeling of being drunk. He nodded, "Yeah, moved back."

"Then... then what about YanMingXiu?"

ZhouXiang sighed and smiled, "He also lives with me."

"What do you mean? Have you guys really reconciled?"

ZhouXiang touched his nose and softly responded, "Wei Ge, I don't know if you can understand or not. I've also been confused for a long but it seems that our fates have been determined."

"I really can't fucking understand at all," CaiWei slammed his hands on the steering wheel, seeming to be quite dissatisfied, "Have you forgotten what he did to you before? No matter what, he indirectly killed you, how can you just get back together with him? Moreover, is the surname Yan from an ordinary family? Will his family accept you? Or are you saying that you're willing to continue playing this underground love affair?"

ZhouXiang smiled forcefully, "Everything you've said, I've not forgotten. He also hasn't forgotten. I just think that when I'm suffering, he also can't be any better. When I think of this, he's not so hateful. Moreover, right now he truly treats me genuinely. I can tell. As for his family.....Wei Ge, I really don't know what to do. We'll just go day by day."

"ZhouXiang, I see that you will regret one day."

ZhouXiang rubbed his eyes. He could only force a smile, "Wei Ge, don't curse me. I don't even know what I should do. I don't think that my IQ is this low but when I run into these kinds of things, I feel so fucked up. You know, sometimes when I think of the things that happened from the past, I get so pissed that I want to punch him. But when I see him cry, I also feel pained."