Chapter 94 - Xiang Ge I Love You (M)

After the two got home, ChenYing went to chat with Aunt Wang while ZhouXiang returned to his room. He called YanMingXiu immediately when he got into his room. Earlier ChenYing was there so it wasn't appropriate to say certain things. After the phone call was connected, ZhouXiang quickly asked, "How could you just casually take my mom out?"

YanMingXiu replied without any guilt whatsoever, "Could it be that you don't want her to get better treatment?"

"Her condition is good right now."

"That's because she hasn't been ill too long ago. There are many complications in the later stages of uremia and your understanding of this disease is too limited, including the hospital where she was getting her treatment. That is not a good hospital. Don't tell me you don't want her to have the best treatment?"

The words YanMingXiu said literally pushed ZhouXiang onto a high wall, making it sound as though ZhouXiang didn't want ChenYing to have contact with YanMingXiu, even if it's at the expense of providing better treatment for her. ZhouXiang couldn't dispute this.

He responded irritably, "You're capable. What you say is reasonable but I don't want her to be confused and think of foolish thoughts. She's just a conservative old lady. If this messed-up situation gets passed to her ears, she'll get sick even if she wasn't before.

YanMingXiu responded lightly, "I think she's much more open-minded and understanding than you think."

"Don't use your lame arguments to make this sound logical."

YanMingXiu is silent and then asked rhetorically, "ZhouXiang, she's not your real mother. Do you really care that much about her?"

This time it was ZhouXiang that is silent. He thought a bit before responding, "Although she's not my real mother, I've always wanted a mother. Besides, I took over her son's body; I can't possibly not fulfill my filial piety in his place."

"Okay, I understand. Since you treat her as your mother, I'll also treat her as my mother."

ZhouXiang got angry, "Don't fucking bullshit. My mom can't accept this kind of honor!" After saying that, he promptly hung up.

YanMingXiu didn't call back. ZhouXiang took a shower and fell onto the bed. He felt like he had been busy for an entire day so he was especially tired.

In fact, he certainly hoped that ChenYing could be treated in a good hospital. He had actually gone to that hospital initially and waited in line from two in the middle of the night until 6 in the morning just to get a ticket number. In the end, he still couldn't get it. Then when he looked at trying to buy a ticket number, the cost was ¥3,000, immediately scaring him. The online appointment to see the specialist was already booked out past four months. And even if the patient could be seen, if there needs to be a return visit, the wait is still a long time. When he thought of how difficult it is just to get an examination for an illness at a good hospital, he was afraid that ChenYing couldn't afford the wait so he no longer bothered with it.

It's not the same for someone with power and status. The hospital is like a home clinic. Seeking out the best doctors in the country is an easy thing to do. No matter how unjust ZhouXiang felt about this, he can't help but accept this fact.

He has a feeling as though YanMingXiu is a hunter, setting a net everywhere around him, waiting for him to have nowhere to go and then he would immediately pull the net. At that time, he may never be able to escape again.

But this is a trap he dared not and didn't want to jump into. He jumped into it once and lost his life. Even for a dog, if it had licked a fire pan once, it wouldn't be stupid enough to do it again, let alone people.