Chapter 18 - LanXiRong's Welcoming Party

The CEO of their company booked a banquet hall at the Grand Hotel to host a welcoming reception for LanXiRong. In fact, LanXiRong had returned twice, seeming to prepare for his record. But the film did indeed take more than a year to complete filming. After it was completed, his popularity in the country is already very different from before.

On this day, most of the company's people had arrived. Their company is not very large, but still, there were about 70- 80 people and their profits have been good. Their boss is from a 2nd generation wealthy family. The businesses in his hands are very vast but his personality is a bit strange. Still, he is a good person, giving the employees great benefits. Whether it is ZhouXiang or other employees, working in this company has been very comfortable.

As ZhouXiang entered the hotel, he first noticed CaiWei welcoming the guests downstairs. He greeted him and walked by but CaiWei is too busy to socialize with him, "Go up by yourself, it's on the second floor."

There are many big-shot celebrities attending from entertainment circle. When someone is popular (LanXiRong) it is obviously very easy to rally a powerful crowd. There are at least three hundred attendees and at least ten media reporters. Their President Wang is evidently trying to hype up interest for LanXiRong.

Although ZhouXiang is a relatively unknown martial arts stuntman, he's widely known within the entertainment circle. He, himself, knows many people. Adding on, with his warming personality, he gets along with everyone. So along the way, he met many acquaintances, greeting each of them tirelessly.

Looking around after he got upstairs, he finally spotted LanXiRong and their President Wang, who were being surrounded by a group of people in the middle of the banquet hall.

LanXiRong looked just like he does on TV... tall and handsome; his face is like a crown jade with two visible dimples when he laughs. He looks very adorable. His fresh temperament between a man and a boy can really make people like him tremendously.

When ZhouXiang saw LanXiRong's flushed with successful contented appearance; it was really hard for him to feel any connection now to this youngster. LanXiRong was once at a complete loss with his future, having just graduated from the film academy. This was the youngster who would always come over to his home to hang out and eat hot pot.

ZhouXiang wandered over aimlessly.

LanXiRong and President Wang both saw him at the same time. LanXiRong's eyes suddenly sparkled, unable to take his eyes off of ZhouXiang, his expression looking a bit excited.

ZhouXiang very naturally and calmly greeted him, "XiRong, Xiang Ge congratulates you on your triumphant return." Then, he smiled at President Wang, "President Wang, you're back." After saying that, he consciously moved to his side and greeted the guests that he knew, not leaving any time for LanXiRong.

LanXiRong's eyes flashed a tinge of disappointment, but there were many people surrounding him talking so he couldn't just distract himself. He could only sneak glances at ZhouXiang from time to time.

ZhouXiang whispered to the originally pale and chubby President Wang, "President Wang, you got tan."

President Wang humphed twice, "What's up?"

ZhouXiang narrowed his eyes, "(You) Going to Tibet to pray to Buddha and having only eaten vegetarian food, not touching meat for three months, don't everyone look oddly good since your return?"

President Wang glared at him, "I can just see that you look oddly good, how about I drown you (with work)?"

ZhouXiang smiled, "Bring it on, I most certainly welcome it."

President Wang looked at him blankly, "Hold with the nonsense. Come aside, I have something to ask you."

When the two of them walked aside, President Wang asked, "I heard that Director Wang and WangYuDong's quarrel got a bit unpleasant. You were also on the set; do you know what's going on?"