Chapter 106 - A Period of Depression

Suddenly, the door is fiercely pushed opened. A medium-sized man, looking about 60-70, full of prestige and vigor stood at the door.

ZhouXiang felt that he looked familiar but his brain was still in a state of confusion. It took him three to four seconds to fully recognize that this is the person he often saw on TV. He is YanMingXiu's grandfather, a significant well known figure in the government, YanDeJiang.

At this time, ZhouXiang didn't feel nervous. He couldn't even get himself to wipe the tears off his face as he stared at the person who had just entered.

When YanMingXiu's mother saw her son's dispirited emaciated self, with tears strewn all over his face, she felt immensely pained. She tried to alleviate the situation at hand, "Dad, you just came back. Go take a rest first. Leave the children's matter to us."

YanDeJiang ignored her as he slowly moved his eyes from ZhouXiang's face to YanMingXiu's face. When he spoke, his voice is very slow but sounded powerfully resonating, "Crying like this, how shameful."

YanMingXiu wiped his face and softly muttered, "Grandpa."

"Didn't eat for how many days?" YanDeJiang glanced into the room and frowned with dissatisfaction.

"Just ate," YanMingXiu stubbornly turned his face to the side.

"Is not eating going to solve the problem? This same old trick, your dad had used it back then when he refused to the join the army. I was still able to make him give in."

YanMingXiu didn't say anything.

ZhouXiang had a bit of difficulty breathing under such high pressured situation.

YanDeJiang glanced at ZhouXiang and said, "Mnnnn ... young people falling in love... as though it's a matter of life and death, isn't that stupid? If you really have the time and energy, why not go do something useful."

There was not a sound in or out of the room, nobody even dared to take a deep breath.

"Young man, go back. This is our family matters. Outsiders don't need to intervene." YanDeJiang said faintly as he looked at ZhouXiang. Every one of his words made ZhouXiang felt so ashamed he wanted to find a hole to crawl into. He stood up almost automatically and headed toward the door.

YanMingXiu bolted from the sofa and stepped in front of ZhouXiang. Wiping his tears with his voice trembling, "You're not allowed to leave."

YanDeJiang raised his voice, "You dare!"

ZhouXiang wanted to push YanMingXiu away but he wasn't strong enough. He didn't dare to look at YanMingXiu's eyes. It made him feel pained.

YanMingSu came over and pulled YanMingXiu aside, "Let him go back first. This won't solve the problem."

"No way. Ge, I can't let him go. What am I going to do if he leaves and not come back?" YanMingXiu was still tightly gripping onto ZhouXiang's sleeve, refusing to let go.

YanMingSu patted his face and lowered his voice, "Let go first (referring to ZhouXiang's sleeves). I'll help you think of a way. Let go."

Everyone was looking at them. ZhouXiang felt so overwhelmed. He kept his head lowered with his ears red. His entire person felt weak and listless.

YanMingXiu's paranoia is a bit abnormal.

YanMingSu had no choice but to say something in his ear. YanMingXiu deeply furrowed his brows and finally let go of his hand reluctantly.

ZhouXiang pulled his arm back. With his head lowered, he rushed out of the door. YanMingXiu's mother's voice sounded behind him, "Son, you're making mom feel very hurt...."