Chapter 59 - The Proposal

ZhouXiang flung his hand away and stood at the door as he didn't intend to go in. He had tried to suppress his gloominess and put on a hypocritical flattering smile but he couldn't even fake it. Instead he had a blank expression, "President Yan, I really do have family matters to attend to. It's just trifling family matters that superior people like you can't imagine. But to me, it's not something that I could be distracted from. You can't be bearing grudges toward me because I hung up on you right?"

YanMingXiu narrowed his eyes and seriously assessed ZhouXiang up and down.

This person seems to be different overnight, or it could be said that this is the real him. Maybe there was a sudden unexpected mishap so he was too lazy to even put on a flattering respectful expression... immediately changing to one that is spiteful, even mocking him with this tone.

YanMingXiu didn't believe that there were any ill feelings between them so where did his courage come from. The most important thing is where did his hostility come from in speaking to him in such a way?

YanMingXiu's tone sounding unpleasant, "What do you mean?"

"President Yan, what do you mean? What is your command in calling me to come here? Just say it. I really have to go home." ChenYing's mood had been very unstable the past two days, sometimes crying nonstop and sometimes sitting silently without talking. With her mental state like that, she really needed someone to watch over her. ZhouXiang was really afraid that she couldn't get over and accept their situation (and harm herself or suicide). He couldn't accept this result. He would feel that he is a sinner.

Therefore, he really didn't want to put on a facade and be polite and compliant toward YanMingXiu. He just wanted to hurry up and leave.

YanMingXiu glanced at him coldly, "Fine, I'll be straightforward. Was it you who took me home the night before?"

"It's Jiang Ge, I merely helped him."

"I know there is JiangYuan. What I'm asking is, was it you who was with me in the end?" YanMingXiu stared fixedly at his eyes, as if he urgently wanted to get the answer from his eyes.

ZhouXiang didn't expect JiangYuan to hide anything for him so he could only tell the truth. "Yes, but I left very soon after."

YanMingXiu suddenly grabbed his chin, moving his body very close, his long figure giving ZhouXiang a sense of oppression.

The hand that grabbed ZhouXiang's chin, slightly pulling closer, and his strength is immense, ZhouXiang looked at him silently. He wanted to see what this person wanted to do.

YanMingXiu suddenly stretched out his thumb and touched his lips. His movement is very light and his expression a bit dazed.

"It's you? Why is it you?"

ZhouXiang just wanted to open his mouth but YanMingXiu suddenly moved close and covered his lips.

ZhouXiang didn't even think. He used his backhand to push him away but YanMingXiu instantly grabbed his hand and pressed him to the wall, then forcefully and fiercely sucked his lower lip.

Before ZhouXiang could even react, YanMingXiu has already released him. The expression on his face is so complicated that even ZhouXiang can't guess. It seems that he is surprised, lost, and even a little disgusted.

Yes, disgusted.

After YanMingXiu kissed him, he used the back of his hand to swipe his lips.

It tastes like him, but not him. After all, it's not him.

ZhouXiang was so angry that he wanted to slap him. But he restrained the urge to do it as he angrily uttered, "President Yan, that's way out of line. I am not familiar with you to that degree."