Kamya had been right, in this moment, there was only the two of them. When Ash spent himself a wave of exhaustion fell over him and he collapsed just to Kamya's side and he was surprised to find that no one was in the room with them anymore.

"Where did they go?" Ash puzzled.

"They needed to witness our union. They don't get to see everything tonight." Kamya assured him her fingers tracing his chest. "Let me lock the door, then I'll show you what it truly means to be husband and wife." Kamya ensured her door was bolted before she pulled her nightshift over her head and stalked over to Ash. "Off with yours."

Ash stared at his wife unsure but pulled his own nightshirt over his head. Kamya's mouth watered at the sight of her husband. He was quite the specimen. His years of hard labor on the farm had left Ash with lean muscle and hard angles. If she didn't have her hands on him, she could almost swear he was carved from marble itself. Kamya wasn't sure what she wanted to do first. Her fingers trailed down his hard pecs and abs and she relished as he squirmed under her touch. Kisses soon followed her hands caresses.

"What do you want?" Kamya murmured between kisses.

"What?" Ash blurted as his brain struggled to think through the fog she'd created.

"Tell me what you want. What do you want to do to me? What do you want me to do to you?"

"I - I - I don't know." Ash sputtered.

Kamya pressed a gentle kiss to Ash's lips and moved his hands to her breasts. "Ash, I'm yours now, completely, every part of me." Kamya kissed Ash's forehead. "I want you to know you can come to me with all things. You are my husband and my king and this won't be easy, but here in our chambers, you do not have to hide or pretend. Bring yourself, your true self, and I will do the same. We're all we have. No one else will understand our battles. They can't. That's why kings have queens and queen have kings."

Ash pulled Kamya into a hug. "I have no idea how we're going to do this, but I am grateful that our country is safe for now and I don't have to do this alone." Ash confessed into her hair. Kamya let Ash cling to her like the only solid thing in the world and understood what Ash needed tonight.

Kamya let Ash hold her for a long moment as she gently stroked his hair. "In time this will become normal too. You have the makings of a great leader and I believe in you."

Ash snorted. "I'm glad someone does." Ash pulled away with a deep breath. "What happens next?"

"Tomorrow we announce the succession of the crown and we'll have more than our fair share of guests. Some will pay homage, most want to gawk at the new royalty."

"And what of your parents?"

"My father was the rightful heir to the throne, my mother was the queen due to her marriage. She's not Albion blood like I am. When my father rescinded his crown, hers too was forfeited, but she's still the queen mother. And my father thinks I don't know what's going on, but I do. I have more in my head than wedding plans. I read too. I know what that marks mean and what it might mean for me and why this was all rushed."

"What do you know?"

"I know that's the same signature markings of the Black Curse, the favorite of the Red Queen. It hasn't been seen for nearly a millennia and the fact that it was used the night we were nearly assassinated makes everything both more convoluted and clear. Do you understand why so many countries were willing to do trade with us?"

Ash shrugged. "Convenient location?"

Kamya sighed and smiled. "Not quite. Do you know of ley lines?"