Chapter 26

Ash let the guests congratulate him on both the wedding and the coronation for the next few hours. Reedrick mercifully called the evening to a close. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for such an exquisite time. However, I do think it may be time for our new king and queen to start working on giving us an heir."

Ash felt his face color and his surprise showed as Kamya pulled her hand from his. His confusion only grew as Kamya, queen - former queen Sabhira and several noble ladies left with Kamya.

"You do understand what's next, don't you?" Reedrick's face betrayed none of the concern lacing his hushed tone. "As the newly married king and queen, your union must be witnessed. And you better learn to hide your emotions quickly." Reedrick added as the horror showed on Ash's face.

"I didn't expect voyeurism to be a part of the monarchy." Ash bit out.

"It isn't." Reedrick corrected his displeasure apparent. "Your marriage is a contract and the contract must be observed. This way no one can claim it illegitimate on either side. And if my daughter falls with child tonight, this removes doubt of the child's parentage."

"Will everyone here be there?"

"No. Most aren't invited. I'm not any happier about this than you are. Remind yourself that your wife is my daughter." Reedrick warned. His voice barely reaching Ash, the excited chatter drowning him out to wandering ears. "Now, let's get you out of here."

Reedrick led Ash out and the nerves that threatened to suffocate Ash tightened their stranglehold. The ladies were preparing Kamya as the men cheered on, congratulated, and encourage Ash. Ash was in his nightshirt that fell to mid thigh so he could feign some modesty and dignity as he entered his bedchamber. Kamya was waiting for him in a lacy nightshift, thicker than the one she'd tried to seduce him in. It left much to the imagination.

"Hello." Kamya cooed.

"Hi." Ash smiled back.

Kamya closed the distance between them and placed a gentle palm on his cheek. "Me. Just me. That's all you focus on. Ignore them. They aren't here." Kamya murmured. "It's just us. This is our moment." Kamya promised before she leaned up on tiptoe and gave Ash a chaste kiss. Ash's shoulders dropped as his arms went around her waist and he deepened the kiss. Kamya's arms wound around his neck and pulled him down to her. Ash's hands rested on her hips as he leaned into the kiss and the two started edging to the bed.

The raucous cheers distracted Ash and every time he tried to pull away to address them Kamya's grip tightened and she held him against her. "Just us." Kamya panted when she finally came up for air.

Ash's eyes darted around the room before settling on the honeyed brown of her eyes. "Just us." Ash agreed. He did his best to ignore the others in the room as he pulled Kamya to her bed and gently lowered her down. "Just us." Ash repeated as he laid down next to her. He tried to commit every piece of this moment to memory. The way her hair fanned out around her. The look of lust and admiration in her eyes. The gentle softness in her fingers in her undeclared request. Ash closed his eyes as Kamya kissed his lips then peppered kissed down his jawline to his neck.

Ash groaned at the desire pooling low in his gut. As reluctant as his heart was, there was no denying his body wanted his wife. His hands explored the curves of her body. He paid careful attention to which spots caused her breath to hitch or a soft moan to escape her kissable lips. Slowly Ash lifted her nightshift until her modesty was as protected as it could be in this situation and two become one. Ash groaned in ecstasy. He hadn't imagined this could feel so good. Kamya moaned as Ash filled her. Kamya took the subtle lead and it didn't take long for their hips to move in synchronization and the world fell away.